Chapter 2

"Help me..." Lucy croaked out and stretched out her hand. Bailey smirked and stepped on her hand. She was about to pass out until...

In her blurry vision, she saw a mop of pink hair guarding her.

"What are you doing to Lucy?!" He asked angrily.

"Oh, look, Loser Lucy has a boyfriend!" Bailey teased.

He gave her a threatening glare, which made Bailey flinch. "I will not hesitate to hurt girls,"

"Come on, let's go guys," Bailey said as she walked out of the alleyway, leaving Natsu and a very badly beat up Lucy alone.

"Lucy... can you hear me?" Natsu asked.

"Natsu...." She whispered. Her voice couldn't work. Tears started streaming down her face. You're weak. You don't deserve to live. Natsu picked up Lucy and carried her bridal style.

"Lucy?! Why are you crying!" Natsu asked.

"Huh?" Lucy's weak voice answered. She raised her hand to touch her face, but she flinched in pain. Her eyes were dead. No hope or happiness.

"Let's go home, Lucy," Natsu said quietly. Her arms hurt, her legs hurt, her whole body hurt. Despite the pain everywhere, she replied.

"Mmm-hmm, let's go home,"

After a few minutes of walking, Natsu rang the doorbell to the Heartfilias' house. A beautiful woman stood at the door. One that looked like Lucy. The same exact blonde hair and big brown eyes.

"Oh my! What happened Lucy?!" A very worried Layla said.

"Mom..." Lucy said in a very weak tone.

"She got beat up by some girls at school, but I saved her before it got any worse," Natsu explained.

"Come on in, please,"

The house was very modest, not too ugly, but not too fancy. Natsu liked it. Layla opened the door to Lucy's room. It had pink walls and a pink bed with white furniture. He set her down, and she yelled in pain.

"Lucy! I'm so sorry," he whispered.

Her eyes got watery and she started crying. Why? Why did I let this happen? I had to get saved by a guy I just met! I'm so pathetic!

"I-I'm so weak," she cried out.

"Lucy..." Natsu said in a concerned tone. Lucy continued crying until Natsu could bear it no more. She grabbed Lucy and hugged her. "You are not weak,"

Natsu's red shirt got stained with the blood running down her forehead and her tears as well.

After a while, Lucy fell asleep, while Natsu was still at the side of her bed. Each time she took a breath, her winced.

It must be a pain in her chest, he thought. He poked her arm, she winced louder. He poked her leg, and she winced even louder.

"Miss Layla!"