Leon was trying his diddly-darn hardest to kill the Ganado that had Ashley taken, and while he was doing that, you were jumped by another Regenerator. You were pissed off as shit, so you killed it rather quickly. By the time you were done, Leon had fixed up the bridge, and you jogged across.

By the time you were back on the other side, you had to kill off a bunch of other Ganados. Great, just great. This is what the women of America are raised to do.

He sighed in relief when you killed the last one, letting the bridge close. He was growing weaker. You spotted a little power panel, and went to work cracking it.

The two blondes watched from over your shoulders, before you tossed a granola bar over your shoulder.

"Yes!" Ashley whispered.

You heard a wrapper crinkling as the door next to you sild open. You walked in, immediately killing two or three scorpion things, before crossing over a plank-bridge and bursting through the next door. When you ran into the Shopkeeper again, you bought some ammo and a small amount of gunpowder — just in case.

He waved you goodbye with a wink and a chuckle, and you led the two blondes along.

The area outside had this huge ass wrecking ball, and once again, it was dead quiet. Ashley hopped down after you two, and you scanned over the platform, trying to figure out where to go from there.

Ashley walked up to a huge hole in a cement wall.

"Guys!" She waved you over. "Look."

"The lift to the summit," you muttered. "We gotta get through this," you pat the cement.

You turned to the wrecking ball behind you, before gently nudging Ashley.

"Wanna have some fun?"

"Huh?" It took her a moment to catch on. "Oh! Yeah!"

She raced to the wrecking ball as Leon tried to stop her.

"Oh, calm down," you laughed as you grabbed his hand to stop him from going after her. "She's having fun."

He sighed heavily, before you both wiggled out of the way. Once you were a pretty safe distance, you shot Ashely a thumbs up. She took the first swing, and then there was a sudden alarm.

"Oh, what now?" You begged.

A bunch of Ganados hopped onto the platform, and you sighed.

"Keep doing what your doing!" You yelled to Ashley, pulling your handgun from its holster.

You spent the next — oh, it couldn't have been more than five minutes. But Leon was exhausted by the end of it. He was panting, leaning against you for support. He wasn't injured, thank God, but he was drained. The veins in his arms were protruding from his skin, and they were much darker than you last remembered.

"Just need a minute," he panted, eyes wrenching shut.

"We have to keep going," you urged him. "We're almost there."

"Did you see me?" Ashley called excitedly, jumping down. "That was awesome!"

"I think you might have found your calling," Leon joked, finally steadying himself.

You summoned the lift with a push of a button, and it all just... felt too easy. Saddler had to be planning something. He had all the tools — the Holy Mother, and the fertility sacrifice.

It was all up to Leon now.

His eyes remained closed as you got on the lift. He was fighting him off.