After shooting them in the back a few times, you were home free, and loaded up with pesetas. From each of the blind creatures, you got a unicorn horn — weird. You soon realized that they went into the unicorn statues at the end of the room. With the horns in place, the door opened, and you and Leon continued onward.

"Nooo! No!"

"Ashley?" You called, running forward.

You threw open the wooden doors, and what you saw definitely met your expectations. Ashley's face was painted with blood, and she was being held by two Ganados, right in front of Ramón's throne.

"Ashley!" Leon moved to run towards her.

"Leon! Stop! Don't come any closer!"

"Are you hurt?"

"Watch out!"

Your partner was sent to the ground by the same thing that had taken Ashley. It scooped you up, and rested a heavy foot on Leon's back. You writhed back and forth, swinging all your limbs, but was forced to watch as the 'fertility ritual' continued.

Of course. It was a trap. They needed you here to complete it.

They forced some sort of black liquid down Ashley's throat, and she screamed.

"Stop it!" You yelled, kicking back and forth. "Leave her alone!"

You could feel some sort of... maternal instinct kicking in as Ashley flung herself forward, screaming in terror as the black veins along her hands began to worsen.

But it wasn't enough to break you free to save her.

Ramón stood, and he smirked.

"This is farewell, Mr. Kennedy."

You watched in horror as Leon was kicked into the pit below, and whatever was taking root in the pit of your stomach, that was so much stronger than your maternal instinct.

You whipped around almost robotically, shooting the creature dead in the eye. It screeched in pain and dropped you as its arms flew to its face.

"You fool!" Ramón screamed as you fell into the pit, his voice echoing. "We cannot complete the ritual without her!"

Leon had grabbed hold of a huge ass chain, effectively slowing his fall as he dangled. He had not realized that you were seconds behind him, and grunted in pain when you latched onto his legs, making the chain swing back and forth.

"Hey," he called down to you.

"Hey," you replied, both arms wrapped around his boots, head pressed to his shins as he toes pressed into your chest.

"Hold on," he warned, beginning to swing back and forth.

You caught on, and after a few swings, let go. Leon followed shortly after, splashing you in the water. You sighed, shaking your head as you looked back up at the hole.

"We walked right into their trap," you facepalmed. "Ramón said they can't finish the ritual without me, so she's safe... for now."

Leon let out a deep sigh of relief, before pulling his flashlight from his belt. He hopped down from the ledge into deeper water, and you followed.

You had really lucked out — there were spikes protruding from the water, several of them adorning human remains. Leon led you through the water, shooting at creatures when they jumped out. You came up on a staircase, and hurried out of the water. Leon shook himself off as you walked up on the stone platform.

You found crevices in the wall, and kicked down the weak rock, before slipping through the little hole you had created, Leon following. The room it led to had a yellow herb, and a ladder. You quickly climbed up. As soon as you came to the platform, Leon bent over, letting out a grotesque cough. You rushed to his side, hand resting on his back.