18

Ray the next day didn't feel good, well mentally. his normally energetic face now had eyebags and a sunkun look, while his actions looked more sluggish.

the usual dining table that always felt lighthearted was now silent, the father and son had not once made eye contact while Myeong awkwardly ate her food.

"Ray-"
"i'll get going, i have something to do at school."

he kissed his mother's cheek and quickly left. Ray sighed as he walked away with a heavy heart.

since he got here, he was already presented with multiple problems and worries, but it was only now when he felt the weight of all his burdens.

Ray was tired, physically and mentally, he couldn't handle all these problems at once. the way to school felt like it took ages, each step turning more reluctant to go to school but he pushed on and arrived on time.

when he entered the classroom, he only nodded with a tight smile at those who greeted him and sat at his desk, burying his head in his arms.

"Ray? is something wrong?" Daniel noticed his behavior and became concerned. Ray glanced up at Daniel and hummed "yeah, everything's fine." he curtly said and brought his head back down, silently saying that he doesn't want to talk anymore.

Daniel hesitated but left him alone, sending worried glances at Ray who kept his head down the whole day.

once it was lunch break, Ray sighed and got up, leaving before anyone could ask him to eat together. he went to the toilets and locked himself in a stall.

Ray didn't care if the toilet stall was dirty, he just needed a place where no one would bother him, a place to think for at least a moment without being interrupted.

he softly sighed and felt so frustrated. Ray hit his thigh in a attempt to get rid of any of this stress but found that it didn't help in any way. Ray was slowly growing more annoyed and felt something prick his eye, his sight turning blurrier by the second, he wiped his eyes and realized that he was crying.

Ray pursed his lips but couldn't stop them from wavering. he sat there, alone in a small toilet stall, quietly sobbing into his hands.

he couldn't help but think about how pathetic he was, that no matter where he went, he would never be mentally prepared for anything. Ray felt useless, he hated that he was worrying his parents, he hated that he had to kill to protect himself and his parents, he hated that he had fought back instead of quietly taking the hits from his past bullies.

Ray stayed inside the toilet stall the whole break. once he slowly stopped crying and sniffled a little, he made sure no one was outside before stepping out and washing his hands and face.

as he did so, someone walked in, Ray glanced up at the mirror before quickly looking back down and hiding his face, softly cursing to himself

Vasco stared at Ray, he raised a brow and leaned a bit to see that his eyes were slightly puffy and had obviously cried "you cried?" Ray paused and shook his head "what? no, of course not." he shook his head and was about to walk out but was blocked by Vasco.

"why?" Vasco's body slightly towered over Ray, "it's none of your business.." Ray quietly said.

he stared at Ray before letting him through, Ray immediately went past Vasco and to his classroom where he beelined to his desk and went back to burying his head in his arms.

Daniel slowly approached "hey Ray? if youre feeling unwell, maybe you should go to the nurse instead.." Ray grunted and heeded Daniel's words "you're right.."

Ray left the classroom and went to the nurse's office just to find it empty but it didn't stop him from laying on one of the beds and closing his eyes, letting sleep wash over him.