8

Ray entered the house, it was silent with all the lights closed. his parents shoes were there so he knew they were home.

he quietly made his way to his room, trying his best to not make any sound as to not disturb his parents sleep. once in the comfort of his own privacy, Ray removed his hood and hat and sat on the chair, running his hands down his face with a heavy sigh.

images of the three guys flashed in his mind as well as Eugene who had made a surprise appearance. Ray looked at the clock, it was already about to be 12.

Ray took his clothes and towel then headed to the shower to get rid of the gel in his hair and dirt. even when in the shower which was steaming, he couldn't fight back the chill that ran down his spine. he stood in front of the mirror to see the person he was earlier, making Ray flinch and look away, he slowly looked back up to see that it was just him scaring himself.

he quickly fixed himself and rushed to his room and falling onto his bed. Ray didn't have the energy to even blow dry his hair.

Ray tried his hardest to go to sleep, but the dead keep haunting his thoughts. he sat up and immediately felt a sharp pain in his head, a headache just like before when he met gun. he fell back and passed out.

——————————————

Ray opened his eyes, expecting to be greeted by another memory just like before, but instead was in a white space.

'did i just die??' he thought without furrowed eyebrows.

"you're not dead, but we need to speak." a voice echoed, making Ray jump "who was that?!"

"the original Ray." it spoke again, Ray looked around and saw he was alone "show yourself." he asked, still frantically looking around. "fine." in front of him a black smoke started to form, transforming into a familiar figure.

there stood Raymond in his three piece suit, hair gelled back and looking like a rich business man. compared to Ray, who only wore a simple tshirt and sweatpants, the former looked more mature and expensive.

"are you the ghost of the past owner? are you here to hunt me?!" he shuffled back but the suited Raymond merely rolled his eyes and placed his hands in his pockets.

"Ray, we have to talk about how you're going to survive in this world."
"but i got questions for you first. what happened to me whenever it involves the workers? why can't i move??"

Raymond stared at Ray and nodded "working for the workers... it isn't simple and i know you already knew that, but Eugene is more scarier than you think."

"to be very honest, before we got replaced, i've already dedicated all my thoughts and time for workers, not because i wanted to.."

"but because you had to." Ray finished, slightly understanding where the original Ray was coming from. "giving these task to someone else, although is technically me, gives me such anxiety, especially when Eugene appeared earlier and the men weren't dead yet."

"during that time, i momentarily got control of my body back, why's that?"
"taking control of this body.. it takes a lot of energy from me, doing all those things beforehand i thought i would last to kill those guys immediately, but then my whole body just gave up on me." Raymond explained, rubbing his temple.

"so you can only control my body for a certain amount of time, up to an hour or two?" Ray thought about it, "yes, but once Eugene came, my fight or flight instincts kicked in and suddenly my energy came back, enough to kill those guys."

Ray nodded, "do you know why we switched bodies like this?" he asked Raymond "unfortunately no, i woke up here and watched as you woke up and what you do."