Jeff chuckles and looks like he's not going to say anything else. Not until Barcode feels a kiss on the back of the hand that still holds the compress on one of his shoulders.

"Thanks." Jeff says with one of those smiles that reach his eyes. "No one has ever been so careful."

Feeling self-conscious, Barcode just shakes his head.

At some point he slides his fingers absently over the marks left on Jeff's arm while his other hand still holds the ice now on his chest. Gradually the caress reaches the wrist, so Barcode holds it and brings it to his lips, leaving a soft kiss on the mark already starting to fade by now.

He understands the importance of care right there and how it is definitely part of the process. The intimacy that exists between them was not born today, but is consolidated with each new gesture of affection they have for each other. And taking care of Jeff is among the favorite things Barcode has discovered lately. A closer look, a tighter hug, something new every day. Taking care of his body, the temple of all the other parts he loves so much, is as pleasurable as anything else they've done.

Barcode leaves a few more kisses on Jeff's wrist, hand and fingers, completely devoted. A low sound that sounds more like a growl than a moan brings him out of his dedication. When he looks up, he finds Jeff smiling.

"I can't with you." Jeff whispers, voice carried with emotion.

Jeff's hand slips out of his to pull his face close, but he doesn't kiss him, just leans their foreheads together and closes his eyes. Barcode watches him closely.

"Is Phi feeling good?"

The older man smiles again and nods with his head still resting against Barcode's.

"Better than good." Then he gives Barcode a lingering peck. "Now I am Phi again?"

With an embarrassed laugh, Barcode pushes him away by the chin and presses the ice against his own face as he feels it heat up.

"Don't talk about it now."

"Oh no?" Jeff laughs and comes closer again.

"No!" Still embarrassed, Barcode laughs too and tries to turn his back to him as if running away from the subject.

"Come here!"

Jeff pulls him by the arm as they laugh together. In a quick movement Barcode is on his lap, with one leg on either side of his. Barcode buries his face in Jeff's neck while still laughing, the ice forgotten on the floor next to the bed.

"I just want to say I liked it." Jeff approaches to reach his ear and kisses his hair while hugging him by the shoulders. "I liked it a lot."

With a grunt, the younger man still keeps himself hidden, but after a while he asks in a low voice:

"Did you really like it?"

"I just told you. I liked it very much." This time Jeff lifts Barcode's face towards him.

As he leans in for the kiss, the younger man feels the still-damp strands of Jeff's hair sweep across his face. Barcode takes the opportunity to hug his body tightly while having his head held between Jeff's hands again.

"Thank you for trusting me." Barcode whispers against Jeff's lips and gets a smile in return.

"Of course I do." Jeff pulls back a little so they can look at each other better.

Barcode struggles to keep his eyes open when he feels the callused fingers he loves so much run smoothly over the contours of his face.

"I think I understand why Phi likes it." Still watching Jeff closely, Barcode draws Jeff's eyes back to his. The older man doesn't say anything, just waits for him to finish his reasoning. "Phi is so responsible all the time that giving in, at least for a while, stayed in that other place." Barcode explains, pushing the older man's hair a little away from his face while still looking at each other. "Phi takes pleasure in not being able to predict what will happen, in giving up control, in being at someone's mercy." Barcode smiles. "That's why I thank you for trusting me and for letting me be the one. I didn't know if—"