Chapter 6

Hiccup's POV

"Toothless what's happening?" I groaned twisting and rolling trying to get rid of the pain in my back.

"You're changing...just stay calm and relax. It'll be over soon." Toothless purred laying next to me and gently licked my face.

I spun over onto my stomach and pulled myself to my hands and knees. I took a deep breath and stared at the ground.

"Just relax..." Toothless repeats.

I watched as my skin turned scaly black and I grew larger. I felt pain in my back again and wings sprouted out. My head grew longer and flatter. I shook my head and turned to face Toothless.

"How do I look?" I asked.

"Honestly, you look badass. Your eyes are silver and you have lightning bolt shaped patterns on your wings." Toothless explained.

I lifted my paw up and the mark was still there.

"How do you feel?" He asked.

I stretched out my wings, "I feel pretty good. I have all of my legs."

Toothless chuckled, "Let's see if you can fly."

Astrid's POV

"Sir something is wrong with Hiccup." I began. "He's been acting strange lately. He somehow got stronger and knows how to fight and he's been wearing these gloves all the time. When we met at the arena he wanted his gloves back and then he had this pain in his back. Toothless growled something at him which seemed to be 'get on' and next thing I know Toothless took off into the forest."

"Find him and bring him back safely." The chief demanded.

I nodded and left to go find my friend. I first wanted to check the cove so Stormfly landed just outside the entrance so I could go in alone.

"Hiccup?!" I called out as I crawled under the shield.

Hiccup's POV

I was flying around when I heard Astrid call my name.

Oh no.

I quickly landed on the far side of the cove and hid so Toothless could take care of it.

Astrid's POV

I entered the cove to see Toothless eyes fixed on me teeth showing in a snarl.

"Bud it's me, Astrid." I whispered.

He continued.

"Toothless it's me." I slowly began walking up to him reaching out my hand.

He stretched out his wings in defense and roared. I crouched down and reached out my hand. Toothless leapt on me and roared in my face before letting me up. I took off into the forest.

Hiccup's POV

"She's gone." He growled.

I came out from behind my rock, "Should I try changing?"

Toothless nodded. I closed my eyes and concentrated on my human side. I felt the wings shrink and myself stand on two legs. I still had clothes on.

"Sick..." I looked over my hands to see I still had the gloves on as well. "Come on bud let's head back to Berk."