Chapter 3

Shotaro is staring right at him, looking at him up and down. His eyes felt invasive, it made Sungchan want to shrivel up and die. His lips quivered into a smirk, snickering. "Did you not bother to change before the party?" Certainly not the reaction he wanted.

"Wait, do you two know each other already?" There's a scary look in Yuta's eyes as he stares down at Sungchan. As if he's looking into his brain to figure out how they know each other—what they did together. He then gasps, "Is this why you asked about a family moving into town a while ago?"

"I don't know what you're talking about." Sungchan replies, quickly shutting down the question, avoiding everyone's eyes. It doesn't help that Shotaro is looking pretty while still going on about the fact that Sungchan is still wearing the same clothes he's been wearing the whole day.

Shotaro laughs, grabbing Yuta's arm. "Remember when your Dad told me to get a job at the convenience store? I met Sungchan there. Twice." He smiles directly at the boy, Sungchan swears it's like looking at the sun, "First time he was standing under the aircon with his eyes closed," Wait, he saw that? "Second time he forgot to buy stuff and had to come back."

Yuta squints dangerously at Sungchan, "I see," being the only thing that comes out of the older's mouth. "Well, guess there's no point in introducing you two." When he leaves the two, Kim Doyoung somehow stands up from the bed, throwing himself onto the older Japanese. Yuta's reaction is to instinctively push the other away, only for Doyoung to cling back onto him with a whine. "Fuck—What the?" Chaos ensues.

They sit in silence, in contrast to the noisy room. Sungchan looks over at Shotaro—Fuck, they made eye contact. He quickly looks away, face flushed with embarrassment as he hears a laugh from Shotaro. Someone pokes Sungchan's shoulder and his attention is (stupidly) immediately grabbed by whoever did it. As he whips his head around, he sees Shotaro with a cheeky smile on his face. "Hey."

"Hey," He sheepishly replies, lips pressing into a thin line as he didn't know what to say next.

"I didn't realize how tall you actually are. I mean, I should've earlier, but I wasn't really paying attention." Shotaro laughs again, his arm extending upwards as he seemingly measures the difference in height. "Huh, I guess we're not so far off. Still have to look up though."

Small talk, okay, yeah. He can do this! "Yeah, I-I guess." Great, Sungchan is so great at socializing. He wants to dig a hole and bury himself in it. He looks away again, trying to avoid the boy's gaze for his own sake. Maybe he'll lose interest and join his cousin and the others? When he peeks back at Shotaro's direction he finds the boy still looking up at him with those big, annoyingly pretty, eyes. Okay, so that didn't work. Small talk it is. "Uh, so, like, what brings you here?" God, Sungchan is a failure at social interaction.

Shotaro gestures to Yuta, "My cousin wanted me to meet 'the boys'." Sungchan nods thinking he's done but Shotaro proves him wrong. "Honestly regret coming if he only came here to get drunk. But if you're here, I guess I don't mind it as much."

But if you're here, Shit. That's too much for Sungchan's poor, poor heart to handle. Shotaro keeps talking, thankfully. Sungchan doesn't know for what reason. He doesn't mind it, of course, he likes the constant stream of rambles that comes out of the boy's mouth. The unique rhythm of how he speaks intrigues Sungchan as it's obvious the boy isn't accustomed to speaking the language. He finds himself more or less comforted by Shotaro's presence.