27 - The Beauty of Blood

Start from the beginning

He is always so beautiful, she thought.

The medics, Seungmin and Felix, were now secure in the car. Felix stepped on the accelerator.

She cupped Lee Know's face, whose tired eyes followed her face.

"I want to sleep," he murmured.

Now that they were in the car, she could finally allow herself to cry. "Don't do that, please," she sobbed. With shaky hands, she unwrapped the tourniquet and began to check his wound. Blood started gushing out again and she rushed to wrap it.

He shut his eyes but then forced them open. "I...know."

"Lee Know, stay with me," she begged. "Please, whatever you do, just please stay with me." She knew he had lost a dangerous amount of blood. And his shoulder would be severely injured for a while.

But all that mattered was that he survived.

He looked at her, unfocused. "Mm, why should I?" he teased.

"Because I need you, you idiot!" Tears streamed down her face freely.

"Don't cry, Yun." A pause and a smile. "Do you really need me?"

"I..." She swallowed the words down and shook her head. "I'm not saying anything else unless you survive," she said firmly, tears dripping down onto his chest. "Please survive...Minho."

"Minho, huh?" His smile widened as his eyes rolled into the back of his head. "I'll make sure to survive then, darling." He passed out.

🕸🕸🕷🕸🕸

For the first three days that Lee Know was in a coma, Chan was by Yun's side the most.

"When are you going to let him be?" he asked.

"When he wakes up."

Four days later, Lee Know's eyes opened. He looked down and saw Yun holding onto his hand, sleeping in an uncomfortable position in the chair beside him.

He squeezed her hand and watched her slowly wake up. She looked at him groggily but then sat straight up.

"Minho?" she whispered. She placed her hand on his face gently. "You're awake..."

She traced his features and rested her fingers on his lips.

His eyes fluttered and he just stared at her. She brushed a hand through his hair, placed it on his cheek, cupped his jaw, and repeated the process again.

She started sobbing again. "Lee Know."

"You're going to go back to calling me that?"

She glared at him, tears still falling down. "Fine. Minho. How could you freaking do that?"

He let a sly smile escape. "Do what?"

"Act all heroic and everything! You should've let me take the knife because I'm a lot more replaceable than you, and your team needs you more than they need me. Do you know how worried I've been? You almost bled out completely." Tears were dripping down her face even faster now. "You've been in a coma for four days and I've been so so concerned."

"I'm sorry, sweetheart. But I would choose you over me always." He brought his arm up to wipe her tears but winced from the pain in his body.

"You can move your arm. That's good." She wiped her tears aggressively. "Do you want me to wake the others?"

He looked at the clock. It was midnight. "Actually, can it just be like this until the morning? I..." he hesitated, "I just want a little bit of time to myself."

She stood up to leave.

He panicked and stumbled over his words. "Wait! Not you. Can you stay with me?"

She smiled. "Of course, Lee Know."

He raised an eyebrow at the name.

"Sorry. Bad habit to break, Minho." She sat down beside him and helped him sit up. She handed him a water bottle.

"I love when you say my name," he murmured. Butterflies filled her stomach.

She grinned for the first time in days. "Minho, Minho, Minho."

He smirked at her. "...So what were you gonna say to me before I passed out?"

————

since we're this far into the story, i'm gonna start putting two photos! ☺️ thank you for all the support, as always.