Feed Your Soul.

Feeling lonely has always felt like a crime. Why am I surrounded with people, but I feel like I'm the only one alive? I don't know what it is, but I feel it deep inside my gut. You don't understand me, connecting with someone is always sheer luck. I'm alone in this world, that much I have gathered. Why must I feel alone when the world is filled with so many bright souls? 

I shouldn't have to force a laugh. I shouldn't have to force a smile. When did we strip the joy from our lives, allowing the darkness to dim our unique shine? We're all so worried about appearance, and likes on a post. We're all slaves to social media, can't you see we're all doing the most? Life is supposed to be simple, it's supposed to be kind. We're all chasing money, clout and success, is this really how you want to spend your time? 

Our phones are glued to our hand, and our eyes are stuck to our screens. Our joy is spiked from flicking through series of videos, can't you see it's obscene? We've all forgotten how to speak to each other, and how to be kind. We don't try to make friends, because we're all too busy playing pretend. 

Deep down, is anyone truly happy? 

I'm a slave to it myself, I don't stand out from the crowd. I'm lonely, alone, and stuck doing the most so I can earn acceptance from a phone. Don't be alarmed when you wake up and feel small. You're a speck on this planet, but you deserve to feel joy...

Put down your phone, enjoy the world, and feed your soul.