"Gods." You breathe, unsure how long the room has been silent.

"Are you okay?" You hear his feet hit the floor.

"Don't come near me." Your throat tightens as you speak.

"Gersemi-" You hear him take a step in your direction.

"I said don't!" Tears burn at the back of your eyes now.

Look at yourself. You're a monster. Even Loki doesn't let anyone see his true form- just imagine what he thinks of you now. Completely exposed, no longer a woman- but a beast.

"Am I dangerous?" The tears burning your eyes escape down your cheeks, now.

"Only if you want to be." The floorboards creak as he takes another step toward you.

Before he can get any nearer, you turn to face him. He's several paces closer to you now, but still- the only detail of him you can clearly see is the sparkle of his emerald eyes. "How could you possibly love me like this? When you cannot even love yourself?" You barely get the words out before a pathetic sob rips its way through your chest, the shame pulling your eyes away from his.

"In any body." He echoes his words from earlier in the day.

You look back up to meet his gaze, a thousand electrified butterflies crash around your chest when you meet his eyes again. They are no longer their familiar shade of green. Instead, they glow a fiery crimson, and are locked onto yours.

--------------------------------------

"Loki-" Your voice is shaking, a pathetic display of your emotional state after everything you've been through today.

"Do you trust me?" He takes another step closer to you, the outline of his much taller frame coming into view.

"Of course."

You still can't explain why this man makes you feel the way that you do, and why you do feel completely and utterly safe in his presence, no matter how wild the circumstance, but the fact of the matter is, you do.

A dim glow of green pours from his palms, flowing throughout the room and brightening the space. As the room comes clearly into view, you're unsure if he had been using his magic to keep the room as dim as it had been before and has simply lifted the spell now, or if he is using his magic currently to light up the space. Either way, you find it difficult to collect your jaw from the floor as you watch it happen before your very eyes.

You follow the flow of light all across the room, your eyes eventually reaching Loki's feet. You stare at his boots for an embarrassing amount of time, measuring in your mind just exactly how much bigger his feet seem to be than normal before he speaks again.

"Look at me."

"But-"

"But nothing."

"Do you truly wish for me to see you this way?"

"I would not be standing before you in this state if I did not- Gersemi, please. Look at me."

You raise your eyes, feeling, for some reason, more timid than you had the very first time you met. The scattered books of the library have been replaced by butterflies not only exploding in your chest, but making their way down your legs and arms, and so many of them flocking to your head.

Oh gods-

"Now- if you feel afraid of me, I understand. You needn't feel ashamed of that, you can take as much times as you need to-"