Heredity

You're startled awake by the sound of Hilund shouting, Loki's arm; heavy, chilly, and blue swung over you.

"Where did you get these!?" Hilund shouts, her tone venomous.

Wait.

I just understood her.

Loki's arm quickly turns back to its familiar pale pink as he leaps off of the chair toward her. "Could you, for one moment, at least attempt to not be such a brutish ogre?" Loki spits venom back at her- pissed and naked still, from the impassioned evening the two of you had spent together.

Clearly, I am dreaming.

"These flowers- God of Lies; Where did you get them?" Her voice warbles, her anger still very present, but there is something else- another profound feeling stirring in her.

"Loki-" You call out to him- confused, tired and disoriented from the jarring wake-up.

He turns to face you, his eyes widening in fear. "Oh no, no, no- Hilund! Why are her eyes like that? Please, help her!" He returns to you, cradling the sides of your face in his hands.

"Loki- why are you panicking? I feel completely fine!" You place your hands over his, the room slowly coming into focus around you.

"Gersemi... did you just understand what I said?" His eyes- bewildered gaping spheres, stare back at you.

"Of course I did, why would I not?"

"I was speaking to Hilund in her native language."

"That's not funny Loki- stop messing around." You peel his hands off of you as your heart begins to race, sweat beading on your forehead. "Why is it so damn hot in here!?" You tear the blanket off of yourself, suddenly desperate to cool down.

Just as you realize that you were still completely naked under the blanket, you feel the chilly wave of Loki's seidr wash over you, returning your clothes and twisting your hair up into a braid.

"They're working." Hilund announces- drifting to the vase of glowing purple flowers near where your head had been resting all night.

"Would one of you please tell me what the hel is going on!?" You slam your hands down onto the cushion of the chair, your cheeks catching fire.

"I'm beginning to see why you chose to breed with this one- she's feisty." The giantess laughs. "That's good."

I can hear you, lady.

"Loki, please-" You feel absolutely pathetic, your bottom lip quivering as you beg him for any type of reassurance.

He joins you at your side again, placing a large palm on your forehead. "She's freezing, Hilund. What's happening to her?"

"The beginning of the necessary transfiguration. Where is the Casket?" Her tone is completely flat now, giving away absolutely no indication as to how she feels about what's happening to you.

"You truly have the nerve to bring up the Casket right now?" Loki leaps to his feet, a pair of daggers appearing in his hands.

"Loki!" You scramble toward him, failing to quickly untangle your legs from the blankets.

Hilund lifts her foot, giving Loki more of a firm nudge than a kick, knocking him all of the way back onto the chair once again. "Sit down, Pretty Boy."

You can hardly suppress your giggles when Loki flips his hair back out of his face, disheveled and clearly taken by surprise by how easily the giantess was able to take him off of his feet.

She approaches the chair, squatting down with her hands on her knees for support, like she is addressing a couple of misbehaving children. "We were just as your people once; don't you know that?" She narrows her glowing eyes at the young prince, pausing to gauge his reaction to her words. "Has Odin told you nothing of your heritage, of the truth?" She pauses again, only briefly this time, and when Loki says nothing, she continues on. "We lived amongst the gods- we were gods, just as your people, but those of us that were banished were blessed with powerful magic."