Chapter 22 - "Devil in Danger..."

Start from the beginning

Manik comes out of the office and walks to the parking lot. The driver immediately rushes to the Audi and opens the back seat. Manik closes the door with a push and forwards his hand.

"Give the key and out!"

He commands. The driver doesn't dare to defy and instantly hands over the car key to Manik. He occupies the driver seat and in a blink of an eye, whizzes past the area. As he takes the main road, his mobile rings. He taps on the speaker.

"Arya...I am coming to you only. A matter has arisen. Need to stop. It's serious. Related to Nandini."

He mouths with clenched jaws. Aryamaan's voice is heard over the speaker. Sarcasm is palpable in his tone.

"Nandini...hmmmm...she is indeed the only serious matter in your life nowadays. We, friends, don't exist."

"Stop your gibberish. You know there is nothing like it. Okay? Coming!"

He cuts the call and switches to another number. His eyes are on the road but his mind is full of many things. The person on the other side responds,

"Yes, Sir!"

"Where is Nandini?"

Manik asks in a hurry. His breath is surging. The person replies,

"Ma'am is inside the mansion. I think...maybe with Mini baby."

Manik veers the car towards the left and rebukes in a perilous tone,

"You are not getting paid for answering me in maybe and I think. Get in and see where she is and what she is doing exactly. If she is planning to go outside then stop her. It's up to you what excuse you make. But stop her and make sure she can't go outside before I reach home. One more thing. I am sending you a photograph. This guy shouldn't be around Nandini by any means. She shouldn't even see him from a far distance. Got it?

The guy answers with caution,

"Yes, Sir!"

Manik cuts the call and sends SP Bhosle's picture to his man. Within a minute, his car draws up in front of the Khurana office. He gets off and hurls the car key at the guard.

"Park it."

His brief command comes and he vanishes inside the building.

.........................................

A person is sitting in a room partially lit

A person is sitting in a room partially lit. The wall in front of him still has a huge image of a smiling Nandini. A hat is covering his face but the fire in his eyes is tangible. He is holding a glass half full of whisky. His eyes are fixed on Nandini's picture and his fingers are increasing the pressure on the glass until it breaks into numerous pieces. He shakes his hand. A trail of blood comes out of his wound and starts dropping on the marble floor. He lets it flow for some minutes and then brings it in front of his eyes. A diabolic smile appears on his crooked lips.

"Pain is pleasure. I wish I could have wounded my eyes just like my hand after seeing you with Manik. He was touching you..."

His voice shakes with anger. He sucks the blood and hisses,

"I should have killed him then and there but I couldn't. I couldn't because your body...your body was guarding him. So, I shot the mirror. Ahhhhhh...I know he was forcing you to sleep with him. He always does that. He does it with every girl. You are not any different. You are too naive to understand his devil mind."

He gets up from the seat and walks towards the wall. His eyes are anchored with Nandini's smiling orbs. He touches her lips leaving some blood stains there.

"I will destroy your paradise, Manik. I will burn your hands for touching her. She is mine and I will make her mine."

His voice suddenly becomes husky and calm. He smears his blood on her lips as if he is putting lipstick on them and rasps out,

"You are beautiful, Nandini. With clothes or without clothes. Ha..ha..."

A lusty and filthy giggle comes out of his mouth.

Author's note: After 2 more chapters, the identity of this mystery man will be revealed. Some more secrets of Manik's childhood days will come to daylight. Until, enjoy the story, vote and comment.