Chapter 1 - "No Way To Treat A Lady."

Pushing her strands of hair back, she slid on her mask, positioning the eyes of her mask to be placed over her eyes allowing it to sit comfortably on her face leaving the bottom half of her face exposed by design. The h/c woman stood at the top of a building across from the police station in New York, watching her colleagues walking in and out of the building far too preoccupied to notice the person they were trying to hunt was the person leading the case, detective Y/n L/n. She crouched down, tilted her head, and observed before turning and walking in the other direction headed towards times square.

She knew that no matter what would happen, New York would always frame their beloved Spider-Man as their hero and her as their villain.

At first, she patrolled and served justice to those who didn't get taken care of by the justice system and eventually, she found that she could prevent crime from ever happening, and that was how she met Peter Parker, aka. Spider-Man, and only then did she realise that he was certainly no hero.

She had witnessed the justice system fail time and time again as she, on multiple occasions, tried to take Peter and 'Spiderman' down in court.

Little to her knowledge, across the Spiderverse, a select few Spider-Men and women were called by a beep from their watch, "We have an up-and-coming potential for an anomaly. I will send you the dimension number. Keep a close eye, and don't let any string along casualties follow you back.

"I don't follow orders. I let them follow me." A tall, slender man with a spiked Spider-Man mask spoke up only to earn a confused look from his good friend who was sitting beside him, Pavitr.
The shorter of the two shook his head and sighed. "You make so little sense sometimes."

Leaning his head back, he sighed, pulling up his mask to take a bite out of a pretzel. "I don't follow dictatorships, but I do what is right, so if what I do happens to suit him. Then it is a happy convenience."

"Let us just go and check this out, Hobie." The shorter of the two spoke up, tapping on his watch

As she reached the bustling heart of Times Square, Y/n couldn't help but feel a mix of emotions. The vibrant lights and chaotic energy of the city were a stark contrast to her own thoughts. Lost in contemplation, she failed to notice the subtle movements atop the building across the large times square.

From a nearby rooftop, two figures observed Y/n intently confused by her super suit, not able to pin who she was meant to be or if she was a variant of Spider-Man to begin with.

Hobie Brown and his overly excitable companion Pavitr Prabhakar emerged and crouched close to the roof in a sad attempt to prevent themselves from being seen as they got closer to the edge.

"Who is that? Is that the anomaly?" Pavitr questioned only for a female voice to emerge from the watch.

"No, that is Y/n L/n; she is a canon event for her universe. She and this Spider-Man are in conflict. She would make a good ally for this anomaly."

This earned a look from the two as they turned to one another.

"This sounds like important information we could have used before we came here," Hobie said rolling his eyes and turning back to keep an eye on the woman that was still standing on top of the building overlooking the busy city obviously still deep in thought.

"Any other important information you forgot to tell us?" Pavitr whined only for the watch to speak up.

"No, but before approaching her you have to know she is a detective, and she has energy manipulation abilities -"

"What abilities?" Hobie spoke up confused about what that could even consist of.

"It's basically telekinesis except colourful. With a few extra perks." The watch spoke up as the two sighed fed up with the lack of information.