Chapter 2: Lord Wiswall

As Clara searched through her closet the rest of the world was busy at work. Clara's mother was working on supper in the kitchen, Lord Wiswall was bouncing in his carriage, (No he is not bouncing like you used to on the bed when you were 4.) and a young man was scavering through the woods. This is where we come in.

Ben POV:

"She was beautiful... thought Ben. Her hair her eyes.....

CRACK

Ben stopped in his tracks and got low to the ground. Slowly looking over the whole clearing he noticed nothing out of the ordinary.

What a bloody idiot I am going through the clearing, in the wide open, with this uniform on." He stayed low for a few more minutes then continued to look for food.

Clara's POV

"Clara, darling hurry, Lord Wiswall will be here any minuet.".

"Yes Mother.. Oh how I hate this, she thought. One day I am going to run away and never come back."

'But for tonight you must go", spoke her conscious.

"I guess you are right". And with one more look in the mirror she began to walk downstairs.

As soon as she got to the bottom of the stairs the smell of vegetable soup reached her nose.

"Oh,Mother where on earth did you get these?"

" Well, I thought that this was a special occasion so I bought them from a local farmer. For quite a pretty penny to.

5 minutes later

"Lord Wiswall, so nice to meet you"

"Clara, please call me Jasper."

"Alright Jasper, so what do you do for a living?"

"Well, I am an accountant for our newly formed government. I spend my days sitting at a desk counting and recording money, I give messages to anyone in Congress, and many other things."

"Oh! Sounds like you do a very important job and are very wealthy."

"Mother!"

"No, it's perfectly fine. I hear that very often Clara. But yes I am quite wealthy. I also have heard many good things about your father Clara. From what I've heard from Congress he is a true patriot. We need many more men like him if we wish to win this war and gain independence from England. So, what do you think on the subject?"

"Oh, well..."

"Are you hungry Lord Wiswall, asked Clara's mother.

I have some delicious vegetable soup." With that Clara's mother set down two bowls of vegetable soup, and with that the comments Clara had on that subject were gone.

Once they were done eating Clara's mother decided to build a fire.

"Clara darling, will you go get me some wood from the shed?"

"How about I go get it Mam," said Lord Wiswall.

"No, it's fine. I'll go get the wood."

"Alright, but you be very careful you hear? There are plenty of odd men walking about at this time of night. If you even think that you see or hear something I want you to come straight back in."

"I will Jasper. Clara walked to the front door, put on her her shawl, and walked out the door.

Brrr.. It's so cold! I can't wait till the summer. Father will be home and it will be so much warmer. 

BOOM 

OUCH!!! What was that? It turned out to be the door to the shed.  

Man maybe I do day dream to much." Clara opened the squeaky shed door. She grabbed about ten pieces of wood and then turned around and headed back towards the house. She was about three fourths of the way there when she heard a loud

SNAP

"Who's there, whispered Clara. The only thing that answered her was the wind.

I've officially gone mad, she thought.

“Clara, Clara where are you? Are you all right Clara? Clara? Clara I am coming out there."

"No mother, you don't have to. I'm fine, go back into the house. I will be there in a couple minutes." As Clara neared the house the light in the window got brighter and brighter. Once she reached the door she noticed something slinking around the corner. It was like a shadow. Quickly she looked to where she thought it was. Only problem, it was gone.

"I swear I've gone off the deep end." Clara said to herself, and with that Clara opened the door and took in the wood.

Ben’s POV

“I couldn't believe it. I saw her again. she was even more beautiful in the dark than in the light. I wanted to talk to her so I followed her back to the house. I had everything planned knew what I was going to say, how I would introduce myself, but then I saw him. When her mother opened the door I saw a man in his mid twenties. He was well dressed, well fed, it looked like he was attempting to court her. At that point I gave up. So I tried to sneak away but I think she saw me. She looked very scared. I don't blame her, I probably look like a wreck. I mean I've been living in the woods for almost a week now. Why would she want me? She would never want me, not when she has him."

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Hey everyone! So... I am so happy right now. Liberty or Love has over 50 reads and I think that people might read it more with this second chapter. So, for more of the story read, vote, and comment! 

Thanks!!!

Addicted2reading