The During: Danger

Ney'ite let out the breath she was holding as she let her arrow fly. She watched as the arrow hit its mark at the center of the target. She turned to look at Neyetam. He was holding his bow and nodding his head.

"That's ten bullseyes in a row," Ney'ite said as she walked to get her arrow. "Think you can match it."

"You know I can," Neyetam said as he took his place in front of the target.

Ney'ite stood to the side to watch her brother. He put his bow in the ready position and drew back the arrow. Ney'ite knew what the outcome of this would be. Neyetam loosed the arrow. It hit the bullseye.

"Do you think we'll ever come to the conclusion of who's the better marksman?" Neyetam asked as he went to get his arrow.

"Not anytime soon," Ney'ite said as Neyetam stood by her side.

"Did Dad say anything to you about yesterday?" Ney'ite asked as she drew back her arrow.

"A little," Neyetam said. "He told me that he know it wasn't my fault, but there wasn't too much said after that."

"At least he said something," Ney'ite said as she let the arrow go. It hit its target. She headed towards the target and got her arrow. As she was heading back to Neyetam, she saw her mother and father walking towards them. She looked at Neyetam and motioned behind him. Neyetam turned around and saw what she was looking at. Ney'ite and Neyetam stood in line and walked towards their parents.

"Neyetam, Ney'ite," Jake said as the twins and their parents met each other in the middle. "Have you seen your brother and sisters?"

"No," Neyetam shook his head. "We were tending to our ikrans and saddles and then we started to practice our archery."

"They're probably in with the avatar drivers," Ney'ite said. "They always like hanging out in there."

"We've checked everywhere in the caves," Neytiri said. "We know that they aren't here. Did they say anything to the two of you?"

"No," Neyetam shook his head.

"Lo'ak has been sulking all morning and the girls were just getting breakfast just as we were heading out this morning," Ney'ite said.

"They've been missing all day," Jake sighed. "You two, get your ikrans. We're going to go out flying and look for them. We're leaving right now. Bring your bows and arrows. Let's assume they've gotten themselves into trouble."

"Yes, sir," Neyetam and Ney'ite said at the same time.

The family headed to where the ikrans were kept. Ney'ite put her arrows and bow in their holdings. She and Neyetam got on their ikrans as their parents did the same. As they flew out, Ney'ite hoped that her siblings had not gotten themselves into too much trouble today. She did not feel like dragging them out of madness.

She wished that flying today would have given her some sense of freedom and relief, but she was only filled with worry. She did not have a good feeling about what was happening today. She looked up at the sky. She knew the eclipse was coming soon. The forests of Pandora was even more dangerous at night.

"Devil Dog, it's Eagle Eye," Lo'ak's voice came from their intercom necklaces.

"Eagle Eye, come forward," Jake said.

"I've spotted someone," Lo'ak said. "They look like avatars, but they wear camouflage and
assault rifles. There are six of them."

Ney'ite's heart filled with panic. The avatars who fought for them would never wear anything like that. If they were wearing military gear, it meant the RDA had figured out a better way to fight against them.