Chapter Seven

{Sunrise☀️}

I drop Hettie off at her school before heading to the daycare. Simon was in charge of unlocking the building today so i take my sweet old time. When i arrive, millie and simon are inside. They both smirk at me.
"What?" I ask, digging around my bag for my phone.
"Don't 'what' us- we know your secret" millie states, her arms crossed.
I tilt my head 'my secret?' I ask again.
Simon nods, clicking his phkne off and sliding it into his jean pocket.
"Yeah, your lil' 'barista' secret. We know barista boy moved into your house"
I feel myself blush a bit- yes, us robots can blush. We also have dicks, listen we are built to be as close to humans as possible. Millie grins and simon smirks more.
"You're bluuushing~" teases simon.
"N-No i'm not" i stammer, hiding my face with my hands.
"You liiike him don't you?" Millie grins.
"Umm i-i..uuuu"
The two chuckle as some parents enter. Simon signs the in as me and millie take the kids into the softplay area.
|A few hours later|
I'm out by the front desk, scrolling on my phone, when the doors open. My eyes flick up and see moon, waving a hand as he enters.
"Hi sunny!" He smiles. I blush at the nickname.
"H-Hi moon. On break?" I greet as he rests his arms on the front desk.
"Yeeep! Got bored in the break room so thought i'd pop round here, have a chat." Moon explains.
Simon sticks his head out the softplay room and gives moon a smile, moon returning one back.
"So, umm how's...how's life?" Moon asks, trying to start some small talk.
"Normal..not much different apart from y'know, you and Hettie moving in"
"Oh yeah umm i wanted to ask..umm how to repay you for letting me and Hettie live with you."
I tilt my head "you don't need to do anything moony"
Moon blushes while i smirk. "I'm being serious!" I chuckle.
"Umm i-i gotta go!" Moon hurries out the daycare doors and back to the coffee shop he works at. I chuckle again and rest my chin on my hands- oh he's adorable.

{Moondrop🌙}

As i walk back to my workplace, i think about the previous interaction i had had with sun. It was..nice, and i enjoyed it. But, i can't help but think about how..how cute sun looked. With his hair messy and-and his lil' cardie- uugh! I reach my destination and clock back in, ending my break, before starting work again. The whole time my mind was on.bloody.sun! When i finish my shift, i clock out and go to pick Hettie up. I collect her and head to meet sun at the sunshine daycare entrance.
"Sup moon, hiya hettie" Sun waves at us. Hettie waves enthusiastically back as i wave a small hand, a soft smile on my face. Sun drives us back to his house and hettie rushes upstairs to play with her stuffie probably.
"Moon, umm can i talk to you for a sec?" Sun asks as i start walking into the kitchen.
"Oh yeah sure" i agree, turning around to face sun.
He sits me down on the couch and takes a deep breath. I shift my legs so i sut cross-legged.
"I..i wanna tell you something.." sun starts, figeting with his hands. "I..i think i..l-like you?"
I blush, as does sun. He...he likes me?
"Umm..sorry, umm i-i-"
"Shh, stop.." i say, covering his lips with a finger. He blushes more and i smile.
"I like you too, sunny" i admit, blushing a bit more. Sun blushes more as well and he removes my finger from his lips and cups my cheeks.
"Really moon?" He asks, his voice is a whisper, sounding desprate.
"Really" i whisper back.
And that's all the valadation sun needed, for he then leans closer to me snd softly kisses my lips. I blush even more and sun grins.
"Mmm, you're waaaarm~" sun grins. I push him off of me in a playful manner. "Oh shush!" I giggle, sun laughing with me.