The Afterparty pt 1

Everyone around us is getting so excited. Me and Alayna are standing in the back of the room, next to the bar. Alayna has gotten us drinks and came back just in time.

Nace, Bojan, Jan, Jure and Kris all come through the backdoor, waving and smiling. They sort of scatter throughout the room to talk to different groups of people. Jan and Nace are with some guys that were standing behind us at the concert, Kris and Bojan are with a group of girls that all have these amazing selfmade fan-shirts on. And Jure is signing someones drumsticks.

It's just so sweet and amazing to see how they give everyone their full and dedicated attention and actually have conversations with fans. Something a lot of other artists can learn from...

Like most groups that are left in the venue, we wait our turn patiently. Meanwhile, I'm sipping my gin & tonic and texting with Lia to make sure she's safe, even though she's done this about a million times before.

Lia: getting on the tube now! Will be there in about half an hour probs

Me: I'll let you know where we are by then :))

Lia: can't wait to set you and Kris up 🤭

Me: I can set myself up thank you very much 😒

Lia: hmmmm okay I trust you. 

Me: yeah right.. well, I'll see you soon

Lia: can't wait x

Lia is the absolute worst matchmaker in the whole wide world so there is no way I'll let her "set me and Kris up", whatever that means. But she's probably just messing around. Hopefully.

The venue gets emptier by the minute, as most people who have met the band and gotten some merch leave. Me and Alayna are talking about our embarrassing club stories, I guess as a way to prepare ourselves for tonight. 

"Oh my god- do you remember that one night when you and Lia were so drunk she actually convinced you to dance on top of the bar with her and you guys got kicked out?" Alayna asks laughing. We're both a little tipsy already, which is so bad since this is our first drink.

"Ohhh please don't remind me! Wait was that the same night I accidentally walked into the mens bathroom and got shouted at?" I try to remember.

"Wow, I would have liked to see that," I hear someone say behind me. I turn around to face Kris and Jan. I bury my head in my hands. I'm embarrassed but at the same time it's kind of funny.

"I have videos-" Alayna begins but I cut her off. "Well, you guys were just amazing tonight!" I give Alayna a death stare and then smile at the guys. "Aren't we always?" Jan says with a smirk. 

Kris and Jan give us a hug, something I've been waiting for all night. Kris was wearing a black and white knit sweater before on stage, but he's changed into a patterned blouse. It looks really good on him. 

"You guys have drinks already?" Kris asks us while pointing at the almost-empty glasses in our hands. "Oh please, you can't convince me you haven't been drinking beer backstage," I laugh. "Oh yes we have, we saved a little bit for you two though," Jan says. 

"How thoughtful of you," Alayna laughs. 

We then realise we're the only ones left in the whole venue. The other group that was with us just left, so Bojan, Nace and Jure are also coming our way.

We hug them and compliment them on the amazing show.

"Okay, so let's go to the back for a bit, finish our drinks and then go out?" Nace proposes. We all agree. 

"I've never been backstage at a concert!" I say. 

Kris opens the door for me and Alayna to go in first. It's actually really not that a big room. There's a large couch, a bunch of instruments, empty beer bottles, clothes, bags and some people from the crew. Basically, it's one big mess. But what else would you expect right?

We sit on the couch and Bojan gives us some beer.

"We just heard we have to be out of here around 12, so we're just going to collect our stuff, clean up a bit and leave," Bojan says. "Not me, I'm done. But good luck to you all," Kris says while pointing at the messy table. The guys roll their eyes. Kris sits down on the couch next to me and puts his arm around me. 

I start to feel hot again but still move towards him a little bit more. I'm suddenly tired, probably because of the alcohol. I sip my beer and lay my head on Kris's shoulder, something he doesn't seem to mind at all.

"You're not going to help them clean?" I ask him, while the rest of the guys are collecting the empty bottles and their clothes and gifts. "Nope, there's always 1 person in the group that doesn't have to help. We decide who that is by playing a game of rock paper scissors before the concert," 

"That's kind of weird. Who started that?" the guys all point to Bojan. "He was always too tired to clean after the show so he made it up. He always ends up losing though," Jure says laughing, while Bojan punches him in the arm.

"Well, I would usually LOVE to help even if I won, but today I'd rather sit next to you for a little longer," Kris says to me. I get up a little to look him in the eyes. God, he has beautiful eyes. I see him looking at my lips. I want to say something but I just end up blushing and laying back down.

Meanwhile, Jan and Nace are running around the room, slapping each other with towels and Bojan is trying to throw empty bottles in a crate from a distance, but just ends up making a big mess. 

Jure is the only one actually still cleaning up, until he gets slapped by Nace's towel and he starts running around with them too. It's a crazy sight, to see grown ass men doing stuff like this, but it's honestly not that surprising. 

I finish my beer and get a text from Lia again. "Oh right, so one of my friends is coming this way, is it okay if she comes with us to the club? She's really chill I'm sure you'd get along," I ask the group. They all stop what they're doing, like this question brought them back to reality. "Of course. If she's your friend she must be nice," Bojan says. 

We smile at each other. This is quickly disrupted though because Jure throws a bra in his face that a fan threw on stage earlier, and Bojan runs at him.

Lia: okay so, I just arrived at the station, where can I meet you guys?

Me: just come walking towards the venue, we'll meet you outside.

I send her the address.

A little while later, the guys have actually cleaned the place up pretty nice. "Okay, we're done. You all ready to go?" Jure asks us. Alayna quickly stands up. "Yes, we're ready," 

Kris gets up before me, you never really notice how tall someone is until they get up from their seat. He just towers over me. Wow, I really do love tall men. He smiles at me and reaches out his hand. I grab it and get up, but he doesn't let go. 

He leads the way to the door. When we're outside I see Jan giving Alayna his sweater. Seems like we are both living the dream tonight. "Lia will be here in about ten minutes and then we can go," I say. 

There's loud music coming from everywhere and it's really busy on the street. Kris has put his arm around me as a way of keeping me warm, since we both don't have jackets. But it's nicer this way. He pulls me in even tighter. I never want to leave his arms.. 

Even though there's a lot of loud, screaming people around us, one voice tops all of them. "SOPHIAAAA!!" I hear Lia screaming in the distance, and I see her running towards us.

And it's officially 12AM, time for this night to begin!

A/N

I just want to quickly thank you all for 1K reads!!! That's actually so cool. The next chapter will be out soon, it was honestly so fun to write (I had 90s music on in the background which is just so motivating hahaha). I'm so glad you're enjoying the story and thank you for all the votes <3. Love you all