•chapter 2, the beach•

First person:

"I dunno Hinata..." i say nervously.

"Please y/n senpai! We promise to be good!" Hinata says while kagayama nods in agreement.

"We shouldn't pressure y/n guys.." asahi adds.

"Pleaseeeee!!!" Hinata begs, practically on his knees.

I sigh in defeat as I take out my phone to ask suga if the guys in the other trailer want to join us to the beach. To no surprise, they say yes and 2 minutes later we hear a knock on the trailer door with the rest of the team and coach Ukai in swim gear.

"Get your asses ready or else we're going to the beach without you guys!" Coach Ukai snaps as the rest of the team scurries to their room to change.

I quickly put on my f/b (favorite bathing suit) and check if I'm missing anything in the cooler.

"Watermelon, sandwiches, water bottles and popsicles. Now, to the bag for swimming..." i say turning around to get the bag with all the swimming gear.

"Here we are. Okay, i have goggles, buckets, shovels, sunscreen, towels, caps, hats and sunglasses." I look through my personal bag and check i have my wallet, phone, my many pairs of keys, lip balm cause my lips get dry (me irl), tissues, hand sanitizer, hair elastics, mints and a pad/tampon just in case.

"Good. That settles it, I've got everything i need for today. I just need the guys to bring this bag and the cooler when we're at the beach and I'll bring my own stuff." I say as I carry all three bags by myself to the golf carts. Asahi watches in disbelief as I carry all that stuff to the carts.

Here's a little info before we go to the beach. Takeda had rented out 3 golf carts for us for the two weeks. We're on day 3 right now. We spent the first two days unpacking and checking out the campsite. Today, we're going to the beach!

Takeda went out to help set up for the volleyball tournament in a local stadium. He's going to stay there the whole day to make sure everything goes perfectly.

Since he's out, I'm in charge with coach Ukai. After all, i am the manager.

When everyone is done and set to go, coach Ukai splits us up into three groups to fit the golf carts.

"Alright listen up. We got three golf carts cause specs thinks you guys can just laze around. Well I'm here to tell y'a you guys won't be aloud to use these all week! We can't have you boys loosing all that muscle now can we? Anyways, today's and exception. I'm taking the first cart with Sugawara, Tsukishima and Yamaguchi, y/n will be with Asahi, Tanaka and Nishinoya, and Daichi will take Hinata and Kagayama. Clear?"

Everyone says yes and nods as we start to get in the carts. Since Daichi only has two other people they have to have the bags.

~time skip~

We've made it. I'm standing in the hot sand, my sandals already covered in sand. Hinata, Nishinoya and Tanaka are jumping around as if they've never seen a beach before. Should I tell them we're at the Atlantic Ocean..? The waters probably freezing.

We set up near the water but not close enough for the water to reach us. When I look forward to the ocean, it looks like a little sand mountain is formed in the water. Kinda like a platform.

Before I could tell them the water's going to be cold the three bozo's jump into the ankle high water and jump right out. I facepalm.

"Guys, you know we're in the Atlantic Ocean right? It's gonna be cold."

After they finally settled down and everyone starts to make their way in the water, I start to take off my shorts to show my bathing suit underneath.

I walk over to Asahi who seems to be almost terrified of the water.

"Do you not know how to swim Asahi?" I ask wondering why he looks so afraid.

"Y-you said it's the a-Atlantic ocean.. r-right? I'm gonna f-freeze, won't I?" He says, shivering at the thought of being in the cold water.

I take his hand and try to help him in the water until Daichi pats his back pretty hard making Asahi almost fall face first in the water.

"Oh, sorry bout that Asahi. But you know you gotta at least try something new. The last new thing you tried was playing volleyball with us again." Daichi says with his signature angry smiling face making Asahi even more nervous.

"Now now Daichi, no need to pressure this big teddy bear. If he wants, he can just stay on the beach, but I'm going swimming."

I start to walk to the edge of the water, a small wave covers my feet. I wince at the cold as I take a deep breath and walk further in. It's like I'm putting my feet in a big bowl of water filled to the brim with ice cubes.

I'm now at knee length water. This is the farthest Tanaka and Nishinoya got before giving up. Every time I'd look over to them they'd start flexing their muscles.

The water has made it to my thighs now and I can't feel my legs anymore. As I keep walking further I start to go up until the only part of my body that's in the water is the top of my feet.

(Don't mind my crappy art, but this is how it looks

(Don't mind my crappy art, but this is how it looks.)

"HEY GUYS! LOOK HOW COOL THIS IS!!" I yell to them as Daichi and Suga walk closer to me.

"I KNEW YOU LOOKED LIKE A GODDESS BUT I DIDNT THINK YOU WERE ONE!?" Tanaka yells back, not believing his eyes.

"WHY DIDNT YOU TELL US YOU COULD WALK ON WATER Y/N?!" Nishinoya adds, looking at me in pure disbelief.

"Oh shut up you two, it's obviously an underwater dune. We've learnt about this in school." Tsukishima says, rolling his eyes as Yamaguchi nods and follows Tsukki like a lost little puppy.

"YOU BETTER LEARN TO RESPECT YOUR UPPERCLASSMEN PUNKS!" Tanka yells making Tsukishima cover his ears.

"No need to be so loud! I'm right here y'a know!"
Tsukishima tells him as Tanaka and Nishinoya scoff it off and go back to flexing.

Daichi and Suga make it to me and we start to walk further in where the waves are able to push us if we sit down.

"One sec guys, I'll be back I just wanna get my board." I say as I walk back over to the beach and get my mini surfboard.

I walk back to where they are and place my board down on the water. When a big wave starts to form, I lay on my board and let it push me.

~time skip~

After an hour or so, we all go back to our little beach area and I open up the cooler with the snacks. We all start to eat the watermelon and drink water until coach Ukai, who was on "lifeguard duty", spotted some familiar faces.

"Hey wait... aren't those the Nekoma kids?" He says making everyone turn their heads.

Walking down to the beach was Kuroo and kenma. Why the hell are they here, out of all the places in the world they come here?!

Trailing behind them was Oikawa, Iwaizumi, Bokuto and Akaashi.

"The great king!" Hinata exclaims as they look in our direction.

Damn it... I thought this was gonna be at least a little bit relaxing...

Words: 1275