Chapter 20 - END

Začať od začiatku

As the door opened once again, I chose to leave.

But as I grabbed my clutch, I saw a familiar silhouette pass right in front of me, causing my eyes to widen in surprise as I accidentally dropped my clutch.

What the hell is going on?!

-----------------------------------------

"Lucia, I don't understand...Why are you...?" Leon asked me as I turned away, slightly awkward.

I stepped closer to him, my face feeling a bit rigid.

"I'm sorry, I can't explain right now..." I began to say as I took a deep breath, trying to find the words that would best summarize the situation.

But how could I explain to him that I was preparing to leave the land due to what I had discovered during my mission and that I would most likely stay there until I settled the entire crisis?

As he placed his hand on my cheek, I lowered my gaze, feeling my heart beat faster while a wave of guilt took over my mind.

How can I tell him that he just needs to trust me?

But what if he gets involved because of me?

And if, in the end, not telling him anything would be...

In its most melancholic inclination, my heart just wanted to jump into his arms, tell him everything was fine, and convince him that I would come back, but I didn't even have that certainty.

This choice wasn't mine, and it was even more suffocating.

"Why now?" He eventually asked as I gloomily smiled.

"I... I have to."

As I felt the anxiety continue to build up in my head, I took a deep breath, trying to protect the little calm I had left.

"I'll wait for you." he finally said, almost quietly.

I bit my lip when our gazes met for an instant, watching his desperately probing mine for answers.

It had become progressively challenging to hold back my tears.

"I'm so sorry, Leon, but... I don't know when I'll come back..." I finally muttered, the words slipping out despite myself.

And as he raised his hand to wipe away the beginning of what seemed to be tears forming at the corner of my eyes, I stepped back, feeling a slender sense of shame.

"Please, don't make this even more complicated..." I started weeping, dodging his gaze as I listened to him sigh.

Then there was a moment of uncertainty, where I turned my back to him, pretending to look at the airport entrance even though I was still right there, wiping my tears alone like a child so the last thing Leon would see wouldn't, I hoped, be my swollen face.

I glanced briefly at the clock in front of the airport and let out a sigh.

My flight is in an hour, I should go...

"Lucia, do you want me to-" He began to ask as I turned towards him, cutting him off in the middle of his sentence while forcing a smile.

"Lucy. My name is Lucy."

And, as I hesitated to continue my sentence, I let out a remorseful sigh.

"Let's just leave Lucia behind, okay?" I suggested, my voice somewhat starting to break.

And as people began to flock towards the entrance, I grabbed the handle of my suitcase, my hand still shaking.

It'll be okay, Lucia... It'll be okay...

"Thank you for everything, Leon. Take care of yourself..." I almost whispered, trying to force the brightest smile I could show him as I walked away, rapidly vanishing into the airport.

As soon as I passed through the doors and was far enough away for him not to see me anymore, I collapsed onto a bench, immediately starting to shed tears once again.

As I wiped my tears for the last time, I tried to regain my calmness by taking little breaths.

Then, I looked up to the ceiling, letting my thoughts wander.

It's up to me to be strong now...

---------------------

A/N

Hi! It's me, you know... The lazy author. 

What an intense year, wasn't it? 
Yeah, I know this is kinda a "surprise" ending I just pulled out, here. And I'm not even asking for forgiveness, which is the worst part of it. :>  

But hey, actually, this is the farthest I could go for now, and by "for now" I simply mean that, since I'm already working on the fourth book, continuing on writing this one would be just meaningless. 

So the whole story's not over yet, we even have a fourth book incoming! And, do you have any ideas about when this book could take place? Don't you

And what if I say that, in the fourth book, Lucia's almost 29? (okay I'm cheating with that one, but you can actually find when she was born in the first book.)

So... That's where we go our separate ways with this series, until September! 

Anyway, if you're a reader of the Piers series, good news for you! New chapters coming soon! 

And if you haven't checked it out yet, you definitely should. Because, you know... These two stories might be connected somehow.
Just saying. 

Okay, I'm stopping that. 

But... yeah. Finally. Time for Lucia's (or would I say Lucy's) "young and childish" arc to go away... And time for her to show you what she's really capable of pulling off. 

I'm planning on starting to publish the fourth book of THIS series beginning September, and, concerning the next chapter of the Piers book... Next week, I'd say? :D

So... Thank you everyone, for reading this series! The rest is coming soon, so subscribe if you want to keep on following what's happening in there hehe. 

And check the goddamn Piers book, don't be a rebellious spirit, please. You'll thank me later. :> 

See ya!