TWENTY-FIVE ─ [ . : 。✿ ] rue

Start from the beginning

(Y/N) hadn't even realized she'd been crying. But sure enough, tears were streaming down her face. By now, she was too emotionally exhausted to even really fight back. She allowed herself to be held by Naoki. Relaxed would be too strong a word; rather, she leaned against him and let it all sink in.

"Why don't we get you back up to your room, yeah?" Lori asked, coming up beside Naoki to watch (Y/N) lovingly. "You'll feel better after you rest."

(Y/N) didn't bother to respond. She just kept crying silently, as a hopelessness set in. She knew she could still get out. She just had to play her cards right for the time being. But knowing that she'd have to wait it out made it hard to be optimistic at all. At the end of the day, she was being held captive. And though a naïve part of her was still clinging to the hope that they wouldn't take it any farther than they already had── she wasn't doing a good enough job at convincing herself.

Naoki scooped her up into his arms, bridal style, and (Y/N) leaned her head on his chest numbly.

'I'll get out of here... I have to get out of here...' she thought to herself. '...I just hope they dont ruin me first...'

*. : 。✿ * ゚ * .: 。 ✿ * ゚ * . : 。 ✿ *

FRIDAY, JULY 6, 2018

After sleeping for the rest of the day, (Y/N) woke up fairly early. But unlike the ways she'd go downstairs and cook or hang out with her roommates in the past, she just stayed up in her room.

She knew that after yesterday's stunt, however uncontrollable it felt to her, there was no way her roommates── captors, would trust her enough to allow for a successful escape. Her best bet was gradually getting them to lower their guards, and have a solid plan in place for what to do once she made it past the door.

So that's what she was doing. Trying to plan exactly how to get out of here and stay out of here. She wished she had her phone, or some way to contact anyone who could help. But when she woke up this morning, her phone wasn't charging on her nightstand where she'd left it. It wasn't in her bed, buried in blankets, like it often wound up as she fell asleep mid-random video she'd been watching. It wasn't anywhere to be found. She assumed they'd taken it at some point while she was asleep. For now, her goal was to find out where.

She sat at the window, staring out at the world. She'd been continuously distracted from her planning by just getting lost in her thoughts. She thought of Jasper and Matteo, hoping they weren't too worried, but also that they would somehow rescue her. She thought of the deranged look in her roommates── captors' eyes. How they'd been her close friends, people she trusted herself to be vulnerable around, people she lived with... and now they were keeping her locked up like an animal.

But mostly she thought of how much she wished she were outside. Sure, she'd probably be allowed to go out in the garden, but... it wasn't the same. She wanted to be free.

And though she was trying to stay calm, confident... there was a voice in the back of her head that wondered if she would ever be free again.

A knock came on her bedroom door, distracting her from her despair. The door opened before she gave an answer, though she wasn't sure it would've mattered anyway. In walked Lori and Aziza. Lori, with a bowl and Aziza with a glass of water.

"We brought you some lunch," Aziza said. Her voice was gentle as could be, and her dark eyes seemed to study (Y/N) closely.

"Pesto pasta," Lori added. Though she was using her typical cheerful tone, it was clearly more strained. Seeing (Y/N) take everything so hard these past couple days was killing all of them. They understood that she wanted to leave, but it just wasn't safe. They weren't trying to hurt her, it was the opposite! None of them could stomach the thought of (Y/N) receiving so much as a scratch. Lori continued, "I know it won't be as good as yours... but──"

"I'm not hungry," (Y/N) muttered, looking down so she didn't have to see the look of concern on their faces. It made her feel indignant; how could they be so worried about her being upset when they were holding her captive? It was entirely hypocritical.

But the worst part was, it was obviously completely genuine. All of them were sincere in their efforts to protect her. And they thought this was the right way to do it.

These weren't the roommates she'd shared meals with, the friends she'd laughed with, the people who made her feel so comfortable and safe.

They were sick. And they were strangers.

Lori sat down on the foot of the bed, while Aziza knelt down in front of her. "(Y/N), love, we're just worried about you," Aziza pleaded with her. "You haven't eaten since Wednesday morning, we can't let you go hungry..." She reached to take her darling's hands in her's.

(Y/N) slapped it away. "If you can keep me here against my will, I think you can do just about anything."

"Darling, we just want the best for you," Lori smiled weakly. "We don't wanna see you hurt ever again. You mean too much to us."

"But not enough to actually listen to me?" She rolled her eyes.

"Of course we listen to you, sweetheart," Aziza's hand seemed to twitch to hold (Y/N)'s, but she stopped herself. Clearing her throat, and looking up at the girl sadly. "We just... think you need time to come around. It's understandable to be upset right now, and this wasn't how we wanted things to happen either, but..."

"But we have to take care of you," Lori continued for Aziza. "It's my whole purpose, it's... it's all we care about. You're all we care about."

Honestly, (Y/N) didn't know what to say to that. It was really setting in that there was no convincing them. They weren't gonna let her go.

But she wasn't gonna let them keep her here, either.

When she made no move to respond, the two took it as a sign to give her some space. "We'll leave this right here on your nightstand," Aziza said, setting the cup down. Lori followed suit, and set the bowl down beside it. "Eat whenever you're ready, just... please eat."

(Y/N) looked up at them. Though she said nothing, her eyes carried such palpable indignation and betrayal that she didn't have to. Lori stared dejectedly down at the floor, and Aziza visibly flinched. They walked out in silence.

Once again, she was alone with her thoughts. Was it better to go mad through isolation or in the company of the insane? She wasn't sure, but right now she couldn't stand to listen to any of them try to justify what they were putting her through.

She glanced to the bowl and cup on the nightstand, and scoffed quietly to herself. 'Yeah, not falling for that again...'

*. : 。✿ * ゚ * .: 。 ✿ * ゚ * . : 。 ✿ *

AUTHOR'S NOTE
what's this??? an update???? has the author finally come home from the war???

ahh sorry it's been so long! i could write a whole book abt the chaos of just this past month man. but i hope u guys enjoyed this chapter, and hopefully the next one won't take quite as long.

how have u all been? hope ur well!!
be warm & well fed <3