The Agnihotris

"Arjun, Ansh!!" Vedashree called out loudly as she brought three tiffin boxes. A man who was sitting on sofa sipping coffee looked at her in gratitude and thanked her before going through his files. He was none other than Yug Agnihotri, the smaller brother of Arjun who had newly joined the family business.

Vedashree looked up as the footsteps echoed and smiled as she saw her two sons who looked sleep derived.

Arjun Agnihotri was the eldest son and Ansh Agnihotri was her smallest son and second eldest of the family followed by Yug who was the son of Maheswari Agnihotri. They had two daughters too. Maya Agnihotri, daughter of vedashree and Neha, daughter of Maheswari.

She smiled as she looked at her children who had became independent but still loved and care for each other. She hopes things remain the way they are now even when someone enter her son's life.

"Maa hame neend se uthake khud sapno mein khoyi ho!!" Ansh exclaimed cheekily. He immediately took the boxes and handed one to Arjun.

"A...itni kamjoor bhi nhi hui tumhari maa ki ab teen dabbe na utha sake," Vedashree threatened them jokingly.

"Haan maa... Hame pata hai ki tu toh Himalaya bhi utha le...lekin kya hai na uss doctor ki baat bhi toh ab manni padegi," Arjun spoke as Ansh tried to stiffle his laughter.

"Kya Dactar..Dactar laga rakha hai subha se. Ab tum dono uss safed coat ki baat sunoge ki apne maaon ki?" Maheswari spoke coming in the room with a spatula.

"Dactar nhi ma, woh doctor hota hai," Maya spoke coming out with Neha as they packed their lunches before going to the college.

"Aur un safed coat wale saalon se ispe padhai karte hain. Specialist hain. toh unki hi baat mani padegi." Yug spoke for the first time as he kept the file with a slight trembling hand in his bag.

"Ab tum mujhe sikhaoge?" Maheswari asked narrowing her eyes at them.

"Maheswari ...," Vedashree warned in her no nonsense tone before looking at all of her children. Her eyes soften as she looked at them. She took her kajal and applied behind their ears as they bent to take her blessing. Atlast the Agnihotris went on their ways.

"How beautiful is it!" Maheswari spoke, "I hope no one breaks this bond between them".

"No...never..I won't let anyone to break my family ever. Not after...not after what happened with us." Vedashree spoke in a broken voice as she looked at their family picture. Today was the day. 25 years ago they were forced to the roadside that day and today they have everything and she won't let anyone take this from her.

Somewhere else

"Sab kuch check kar liya hai na Ansh," Arjun spoke as he drived, a soft music from the 90s playing in the backround.

"Haan Bhai sab kuch check kar liya including Yug and AC ka temperature,"  Ansh spoke while scrolling through his phone for some news.

"Yug and AC...what?" Arjun spoke confused at Yug who was glaring at Ansh. But Ansh being Ansh didn't mind it and spoke.

"He is sweating and shivering at the same time".

"No-n-no bhaiya. I-i-i am alright. Look at me what will happen with me," Yug spoke and laughed nervously.

"Exactly nothing will happen with you but our employees once they see you scratching so hard in your hands like a jangli billi. I told you either to stop doing that or to cut your nails short," Ansh spoke irritatedly as he noticed blood flowing in his hands. He immediately reached for the first aid kit and took out the the bandage.

"What! Do you need me to stop the car!?" Arjun asked slowing the car but Ansh denied as he aided his brother and Yug confirmed. Ansh had been doing it for years and had mastered the art properly by now.

"Yug...listen to me. I know it's your first time but remember you have struggled so much for this. You have been the best and again you will be the best. And if you don't we will celebrate your failure as your first step to success. Confidence is all you need," Arjun spoke as Yug listened. He was very nervous and he still is. But he felt reassured, failure or success. He will try his best to make them proud.

"Confidence is all you need and a doctor is all we need," Ansh remarked as he put the first aid box back.

"You need a doctor Bhai. Should I call one to the office?"Yug asked worried.

"Not like that stupid. I mean a permant doctor. Tumhare liye, maa ke liye, chachi ke liye. Uss pagal Neha ke liye bhi. Yaar Bhai ham me se kisine bhi doctory kyun nhi ki. Neha ne fashion designing le liya aur Maya ne law."

"Ab aisa konsa doctor hai jo hamare ghar mein pada rahega. You know na ki ma ko ajnabi logon ka ana accha nhi lgta," Arjun spoke as he parked the car.

"Bahar Wale doctor se problem hai Ghar wali doctor se toh nhi?" Ansh asked as they all came out and smiled at his brothers. They looked at him confused.

"Matlab?" Yug asked at him. Something was concocting inside his brain and Yug know it.

"Matlab ki aap Bhaiya Arjun, ek doctor se shaadi kar lo. Phir saal bhar ki free treatment milegi. Ho skta hai ki apki boring nature ka bhi ilaaz ho jaye isse," Ansh remarked cheekily as Arjun gave him a deadpanned look. He could bring up the most unexpected topic anywhere anytime. Perhaps that's what made him charming and entertaining unlike himself.

" Haan bhaiya, baat toh shi hi hai. Kar lo shaadi. Waise bhi ham Salman Khan nhi ki 50 saal ki umar mein bhi ladkiyan picche bhagengi," Yug joined Ansh too.

"Enough!!! Jao aur Apna Apna kaam karo," Arjun ordered as he went to his room. The name Arjun Agnihotri was shining in gold on the black polished card. The table properly set with arranged files and stationaries and a space for his laptop. The room was quite airy with large windows. This was where Arjun Agnihotri made his empire.

Agnihotri Industries.