- ͙۪۪̥˚ 𝟮𝟵┊❛ 𝗝𝗲𝗳𝗳𝗲𝗿𝘀𝗼𝗻'𝘀 𝗣𝗮𝗿𝘁𝘆 ❜┊˚ ͙۪۪̥◌

Start from the beginning

"Todos!"

Now that all eyes were on her, Rio stood frozen in place, leaning forward to the mic. "Hi."

✧ ─── ・ 。゚✦ *.✧.* :✦. ─── ✧

"And I want you to know, no matter what,"

Miles continued instructing the woman behind the counter of the bakery as she poured the frosting onto the cake, writing the message Miles had prepared to his dad.

"Even though we've had our ups and downs, I am so proud of you today!" Miles continued.

"Hey, Mr. Spider-man," she called out. "It won't fit on one cake."

As Miles went on with his instructions, the baker tried to get his attention, but Miles was stuck in his own little world. Miles stepped up to her and the she took a pause writing Miles's message. He leaned forward, seeing the half written message in red frosting.

Miles tilted his head. "Can't you write smaller?"

"Can't you write shorter?"

✧ ─── ・ 。゚✦ *.✧.* :✦. ─── ✧

"Uhh, what else can I say about Jeff?"

Rio was doing... her best. Meanwhile, ( Y/N ) was spamming Miles's phone — telling him his parents were onto him ( well. Not about the Spider-Man thing ). She managed to get one response out of him and that was; oh...

In the crowd, Jefferson deadpanned at his wife's attempt at giving speeches. Susan noticed ( Y/N ) staring at her phone, typing away so she nudged her arm, pulling her attention away and making her focus up and front.

Rio gave an awkward smile. "That he was almost ten pounds as a baby! I know, I know! You're gonna be embarrassed. You're gonna be... he almost killed his mother. Look at those shoulders."

"Oh, no," Jefferson's eyes widened as he ran to take the mic from Rio. "Okay, okay, okay that's it, okay."

"Oh, he's so funny!" Rio chuckled.

"Ohh, I'll take the mic. No more mics for you," Jefferson began. "You know, I didn't always know what I wanted to do in life. I was pulled in a lot of different directions when I was young."

Jefferson paused. "You know, me and my brother came up in this neighborhood, just a couple of knuckleheads running the streets — Susan, you know what I'm talking about."

Susan chuckled, remember him and Aaron when they were younger, just a couple of knuckleheads figuring themselves out. Even she sometimes wishes she could go back to those times. A light smile formed formed on Susan's features as she held up her cup, lifting one finger and pointing at Jefferson.

"You know I do," Susan replied with a sarcastic tone.

"You guys used to... chase us outta your stores, and now, if you can believe it, it's my job to look out for you," Jefferson continued. "And then, I had a kid, and everything changed. For the better. I mean, I don't even know about giving a toast, 'cuz I... I should be toasting to you all."

Jefferson lifted his cup up in the air, pointing to the graffiti memorial him, Miles and ( Y/N ) made for Aaron a year ago. Even Susan looked up at it with a sad smile. ( Y/N ) members when Aaron told her and Miles about him and Susan back in the day, 'So, to my brother, who we miss every single day. He's definitely up there laughing at me, right now. They're making me captain, bro!"