Chapter 12

Akaza knew this day was coming but it came too soon.

Standing at the doorway of his room in the Infinity Fortress is the menace of his life and the soon-to-be headache.

"So my boy has started to run." Douma held up Inosuke, the boy was grinning at the demon, kicking his legs as he hung in the air. Akaza narrowed his eyes at the kid.

"What happened to walking?" It literally had only been a month since their last encounter and there was no way the child couldn't have master walking. Douma laughed, holding a fan in his hand and waving at him.

"He wasn't getting around fast enough." His son patted his shirt and Douma set him down. Inosuke sits on the ground before crawling away from his father. "I just wanted to take my wife away from my temple, it's been a while and she's been getting restless. We need someone to watch Inosuke for the night."

"But don't worry Akaza-dono, keeping an eye on him shouldn't be a challenge for you." Douma knew how to press his buttons as he felt a vein pop on his brow. The Upper Moon Two wasn't paying attention to him, only following Inosuke as he explored the room.

"Fine." Akaza watches as the demon throws him a grin. Those rainbow eyes finally left the toddler.

"Goody! Just remember-' Douma made his way out and turns to look over his shoulder. 'Don't lose sight of him."

The door closes and his aura fades away, telling Upper Moon Three he was gone.

Akaza sneered at the advice.

"Who does he think I am?" Akaza finally looks away from the closed door.

"It can't possibly be that hard to take care of a -." Akaza studies his room. He looks and then whips around.

The toddler was nowhere in sight.

Inosuke looked up to where he could hear a roar and a smile comes to his face. He throws his hands up. It was the man that his Tou-san played with.

"Shit!" He however didn't appear. Inosuke crunch his brow and looked at the place he currently was in. The hallways moved and he was thrilled to explore.

He did wonder when Kaa-san would get Tou-san to take him home so he could hear her sing.

But for now, he would love to see where this floor went.

Inosuke took a step forward and laugh when he fell.

Akaza was sprinting, leaping, and crashing through walls trying to find the toddler.

"Lord Akaza!" Hantengu was quick to bow when he barreled into a platform the smaller demon was on but Akaza ignore him. He didn't smell of blood so that could mean the kid was fine.

Don't lose sight of him.

He could already feel the coldness sinking into his bones.

What would Douma do to him?!?

Akaza froze in place.

Oh no.

What would happen to the child if Muzan found him first?

Perhaps he was out, playing the part of one of his alibis. Maybe he was far away.

That would leave only a few more worries.

He can already feel the shiver down his spine.

It had only been a few hours and Douma couldn't shake the feeling that something is wrong.