Chapter 11

Douma was yawning by the time he and Inosuke returned. He was walking quickly from the rising sun. The exhaustion was fleeting but still a feat. His shirt was torn and his pants had a tear or two, something to throw anyway.

Inosuke had fallen asleep on his shoulder hours ago even when the battle was still going on. Akaza soon letting his despair be replaced by the thrill of battle once Inosuke laughed. Seemly mocking him for being unwilling to fight back.

The sun however approached and they both left without saying goodbye.

Douma sniffs himself and Inosuke, mentally declaring that a bath is in order. Crashing through branches and receiving blows(Douma would be extra fierce the only time his dodging lead to Inosuke losing a baby hair.). They smelled of blood and dirt.

Inosuke pouts from being awoken to warm water but Douma holds him in the water nonetheless. The tub was one of the few luxuries he had gone to get himself after Muzan returned to Japan. It was large and could easily hold five people.

At the moment it was just him and Inosuke, soaking and bubbles keeping the toddler amused.

The last major gash had healed by the time he began to clean Inosuke. The baby was splashing the water while Douma busied himself with Inosuke's hair. He let the soap help him shape the boy's hair. His own style worked but he shook his head. Akaza's style was a bit better with how short it was but overall his mother's style won him over.

He held the boy and laughed.

"Inosuke you'll be beautiful just like your mother when you grow up."

He hears a hum and a pair of arms wrap around his neck from behind.

"I would hope he would be handsome like his father." Kotoha's voice was laced with sleep but she was awake enough to kiss him on the cheek. Douma teasingly nipped her on the chin in return, giving her a smile.

"He wasn't too much was he?" Douma tilted his head and Inosuke followed but yawned.

"Not at all. He was a treat." Douma was debating on telling her Inosuke learned a new word but since Akaza left, Inosuke hasn't said it. Or the poor baby was too tired.

Inosuke yawned and was starting to fall asleep on his shoulder. Kotoha started to stroke the baby's back and hummed.

Inosuke was out and he still hasn't done his own hair.

"Kotoha?" He looks over his shoulder and she seemed to read his mind and was soon getting the rest of his hair wet and started to massage the soap into his mane.

This was nice and soon he was drying himself off and Kotoha took Inosuke for the day. He dressed in a new set of clothes and he soon was ready for his daily routine.

The normal sermons were bullshit but they brought some clarity to some of his followers. He listen to a few cultists and took note of any worries of others.

Of course, his priority is going to be his family than his cult as they are on spare time. Douma bites the inside his cheek, taking a bit of flesh.

That was a conversation he'll have to have with Kotoha. She is a young mother but he wouldn't want her to age while he remains unchanged. As much as he would love to see her age like fine wine, he is terrified of the day she stops breathing.

He usually takes that opportunity from people but he wants her to decide.

And he'll have to....

He stops when he hears a Biwa and he was in the infinity fortress.

Douma has never feared Muzan. He smiles and gets to his knees when his lord glares at him.

"Douma." He continues to smile and Muzan studies him.

"You're feeling." Muzan narrows his eyes at him and Douma has nothing to say, shaking his head in a nod.

"Hmmmm." Muzan and he stared at each for a few minutes.

"Why did you fight Akaza?" Douma already knows that Muzan has the answer to his own question but Douma smiled nonetheless.

"He taught my son ill manners."

Red eyes narrow at him.

"Anything to note about your spawn?" Ah, so that's what he wants.

"He's a lively boy. Minor scratches heal in a matter of hours and have pearly fangs like his father." Douma starts to rant and Muzan only watches the demon start to move his hands as he tells in detail a great many other things about his son.

After an hour, Muzan is done with the upper moon and dismisses him. Douma leaves with a smile and bows before leaving.

Muzan sits down and sighs.

That was more than he was wanting to hear but it seems as though that hybrid was more human than demon. Even though it seems as though this one was developing intelligence slower than a newly transformed demon.

He hisses a sigh again and leans back.

At least it's keeping the dumbass busy and that's better than sending him on missions.