yin hanyu

     ★        ☆                                                            ☆        ★

     ★        ☆                                        ☆        ★

name yin hanyu
aliases
⤷ the honored one ( epithet )
gender + pronouns female + she/her
height 6'0" ( 182 cm )
birthday december 16
age
⤷ 18 ( pre-timeskip )
⤷ 20 ( post-timeskip )
sexuality unlabeled
appearance hanyu is a tall young woman with a tanned complexion. her eyes are rather sharp with long eyelashes, one being a deep brown color and the other being a light green. she has a large scar on the side of her face, crossing her nose bridge. hanyu has straight, white hair with straight bangs. pre-timeskip, her hair was styled into a bob with side bangs that reach to her chin. post-timeskip, hanyu's hair grows out to her waist and is tied into a braid. during the nostrade arc, her hair is tied into two buns on her head with side bangs that reach down to her collarbones. hanyu has a fair amount of scars on her body due to training and assassination mishaps. she has a faded tattoo of the family name at the top of her spine.
clothing in her first appearance during the alabasta arc, hanyu wears a dark blue cropped top with gold detailing alongside an asymmetrical dark blue skirt with a black undertone. she wears a gold cuff on her arm. after alabasta and pre-timeskip, she wears a white halter top with dark blue jeans and strapped sandals. during the nostrade arc, hanyu wears a dark green qipao with black heels. the qipao has slits on the sides for mobility purposes. she has a red rope tied around her neck, a symbol of binding to the yin family. for a majority of her appearances up until marineford arc, hanyu dons a primarily black and gold nuo mask with blue and red accents due to fears of people finding out who she is—and also insecurities within herself. this becomes rarely used post-timeskip, only being put on when using her devil fruit. later on, the mask is given to the straw hats.

     ★        ☆                                        ☆        ★

personality with an adventurous soul, hanyu takes life by the horns. she's blunt and means everything she says. there's times when she can be extremely arrogant, mostly when she wins a fight or when she feels like it. she has a habit of being sarcastic. on occasion, she'll be informed that an island is actually rather dangerous, but she simply doesn't care—she'll explore it anyway. hanyu is highly confident in her abilities, often stating that she won't need help while fighting since she believes in herself so much. in fact, her belief in her strength leads her to rarely use her devil fruit, basically carrying herself through a fight with sheer physical strength and intellect. hanyu tends to get excited during battles since she knows she's strong enough to survive. she isn't as reckless with fighting as she is with exploration—hanyu won't fight solely with her physical strength if she believes it's unsafe to do so, then again, she will occasionally put everything on the line during a fight. she's rather fearless when faced with most enemies.