kamiya sayaka

     ★        ☆                                                            ☆        ★

     ★        ☆                                        ☆        ★

name kamiya sayaka
aliases
⤷ saya ( friends and family )
gender + pronouns female + she/her
past height 5'4" ( 162 cm )
present height 5'6" ( 167 cm )
birthday september 9, 1990
age
⤷ 15 ( 2005 )
⤷ 18 ( 2008 )
⤷ 28 ( 2018)
sexuality bisexual
appearance yamabuki saaya — bang dream!
clothing in 2005, sayaka's seen mostly in her uniform. it consists of a dark blue blouse with a sailor-style collar, a dark blue pleated skirt, and brown penny shoes with black knee-length stockings. her uniform in 2008 consists of a black blazer over a white button-up with a brown bow alongside a brown plaid skirt, she still wears the same brown penny shoes and stockings. in 2018, sayaka tends to wear off-the-shoulder tops with skirts, jeans, or shorts.

     ★        ☆                                        ☆        ★

personality sayaka is an independent and responsible person with an eye for detail. she's dedicated to her schoolwork since she knows it's the only thing that'll make her mother proud. to others, she's rather kind and modest. however, sayaka keeps everything she feels under wraps. even when her mother spits out the most hateful words towards her, she simply bites her tongue and endures it, just as her mother is enduring her. she doesn't believe that she's allowed to make mistakes, lest her mom finds out and hurts her again. all of the academic stress to become the best had damaged sayaka mentally. though she did everything she could, it still wasn't enough, she soon realized that it would never be enough. she was exhausted, she figured it'd be easier to die instead of having to go through this every day. when not being hounded by her mother, she enjoys rather simple things. sayaka loves to pet the street cats on her way home from cram school, she loves to get fast food with her friends (only if her mother hasn't already called asking where she was), and she loves listening to music. one of her dreams was to become a musician and share her passion with the world, but her mother shut it down just as quickly as it was brought up.

sayaka is notably a cautious person, especially when trying new things. she seems to be "all work, no play". in reality, she'd love to join her friends on sleepovers or festivals, but she has homework to finish first. she's critical of others, but mostly of herself. she can't accept anything less of herself, even when she's feeling her lowest. sayaka has passed out on multiple occasions from throwing herself into too much work, but this is all to make her mom proud of her for once.

she's loyal to the people she cares about and puts her trust in them. sayaka tends to have a harsh or intimidating presence at first, but she means no harm. she can get rather shy asking for things, even if it's something trivial like asking to walk home together. since she was raised to finish first and by herself, she has a lot of trouble asking for help. one of her teachers notes that she's a brilliant young girl with internal worries.

background her friend once told her, "when you're born into a burning house, you think the entire world is on fire. it's not." sayaka grew up as an only child trying her hardest to keep her parents together. they would frequently argue, enough to the point where it would wake her up at night. all her efforts were to no avail, however. her parents split when she was 11, being left with her mother. sayaka and her mom never had a good relationship, even before the divorce. it seemed like they were two strangers living in the same house. her mother constantly said that she wanted the best for her daughter, so she signed sayaka up for numerous cram schools and tutor sessions over her school life. one of her teachers noticed that she seemed to be disengaged with work from time to time and pulled her to the side. she thought to tell her teacher about what's been going on, but she knew she'd get it worse if her mother found out. instead, sayaka simply smiled and waved it off. after all, she was sweet and smart sayaka who never struggled with anything.

likes
⤷ cats
⤷ reading
⤷ movies
⤷ fast food
⤷ running
⤷ swimming
⤷ festivals
dislikes
⤷ her mother
⤷ studying
⤷ storms
⤷ insects
⤷ hospitals
⤷ lies
⤷ expectations

     ★        ☆                                        ☆        ★

birthplace tokyo, japan
occupation
⤷ student
⤷ musician ( 2018 )
affiliation
⤷ tokyo manji gang
status alive
cause of death not applicable
theme song ex-factor, lauryn hill
voice claim
⤷ kugimiya rie — sawamura haruka, yakuza 5 ( 2005 )
⤷ kugimiya rie — sawamura haruka, yakuza 6: song of life ( 2008, 2018 )

     ★        ☆                                        ☆        ★

love interest baji keisuke, your oc
relationship to keisuke baji and sayaka live next door to each other and are in the same class. one day when she left the back door to the balcony open, her cat jumped onto baji's balcony. he thought it was yet another stray cat who came into his house, but sayaka was about to begin freaking out if her cat didn't come home. after his mom connected the pieces with sayaka's missing cat posters and the "stray" having a nametag with the same name, she returned it to the girl. in school, she often tutors him if she sees him struggling. baji often finds it hard to believe how she lives, so he'll sneak her out of her apartment so the two can go around on his motorcycle to find some place to eat. the two also bond over their love for cats! baji's death was sayaka's realization to keep going.

close friends amara mahiru, takumi yuki, shiba yuzuha
friends tokyo manji gang

     ★        ☆                                        ☆        ★

trivia
⤷ she always seems to look her best everywhere, but that's only because her mother puts a lot of work into her appearance.
⤷ her cat is named aoi! he's the main reason why baji and sayaka even acknowledged each other's existence.
⤷ she collects a lot of accessories and can be seen wearing them out of school often.
⤷ she can play both the drums and electric guitar!