amara mahiru

     ★        ☆                                                            ☆        ★

     ★        ☆                                        ☆        ★

name       amara mahiru
aliases
       ⤷ ghost of atasedai ( title )
       ⤷ atasedai's vice captain ( title )
gender + pronouns       male + he/him
past height       5'7" ( 170 cm )
present height       5'10" ( 177 cm )
birthday       january 22, 1990
age
       ⤷ 15 ( 2005 )
       ⤷ 17 ( 2008 )
       ⤷ 27 ( 2018)
sexuality       bisexual
appearance       otogari adonis — ensemble stars!
clothing       his gang uniform consists of a black and white bomber jacket with a red spider lily design on the back, he also wears black cargo pants with red sneakers. mahiru's also seen wearing a sea green button-up with cream-colored slack pants in the future, occasionally with a cream-colored apron over it if he's at work. most of the time, he's seen in his school uniform.

★ ☆                       ☆ ★

personality       mahiru prefers to choose his words carefully and think his decisions through before jumping into anything. he's soft-spoken and is willing to help others. it's quite hard to tell that he's a gang member from his kind appearance. he's thoughtful and gentle towards his members, often patching them up after fights or making sure that they try in school. mahiru holds his relationships in high regard and constantly reminds people that if they need him, he'll be there. it's noted that he's quite humble in all aspects of life. he's fine with what he has and gets excited whenever something new comes into his life. mahiru is generally a quiet person. he states that he'd rather stay quiet and watch what's going on; he doesn't like to speak if there's no meaning to his words, but will do so if he must. he hates broken promises. he's rather intuitive, especially in emotional changes. mahiru was the first to realize something had changed about takemichi whenever he time-traveled. though it's rare, there are times when his patience is cut short and he becomes aggressive and hard to talk to. he'll shut himself down and he'll hit people who bother him. mahiru's quite the righteous person. he'll get into fights, but he'll only put effort if there's a reason behind the fight. otherwise, he'll do it with a little effort. he's aware that he's a strong fighter, but he believes that his strength should only be used to protect others. he's a model student in school and has good manners. mahiru is a calm ocean, but won't hesitate to overpower his opponents like a violent tide.

background       "mommy just bumped into a wall, mahiru, don't worry about me." whenever his mother was off work and mahiru would come home from primary school only to find her covered in bruises and holding ice to herself, he figured something was wrong. he knew it wasn't just a wall. mahiru's mom was a nurse and always handled herself with dignity and grace, there's no way she was this clumsy. his mother had always held him gently, telling him not to worry and focus on school. one night, mahiru had stayed up past his bedtime to wait for his father to come home. pressing his ear against his bedroom door, he heard them arguing. he heard the sound of a smack, then followed by his mom falling to the floor. in a panic, mahiru swung the door open and ran to cover his mom with his smaller body. his father was shocked to see how his son wasted no time in protecting his mom, but only pulled him off of her with a slight struggle. mahiru was clinging onto his mom for dear life, crying about how he didn't want her to get hurt anymore. watching as his mother continued to get beat on, fear overcame him and he went straight for the front door, ignoring his dad's shouts for him to come back. mahiru ran, he didn't know how long he ran, but he bumped into a lady. she crouched down and asked where his parents were, but he only responded with a cry and a jumbled mess about how his dad was hurting his mom. the lady had brought him outside of her house while she went inside to call the police. while mahiru was calming down, a girl his age sat down next to him. she had introduced herself as yuki takumi, the lady's daughter.

mahiru returned home with the lady, yuki, and two policemen. his father was taken into custody while his mother was brought into a hospital to inspect her wounds. in the meantime, yuki's mother took care of him until his mom was discharged. he had learned that her mother, michiko, was the leader of yasashibara. mahiru had heard about the gang from his father, who disapproved of women partaking in such activities. he grew inspired by michiko. whenever his mother was finally discharged, he returned home and thanked yuki and michiko for taking care of him.

a few years later after yasashibara was disbanded, yuki had came to mahiru's doorstep and talked about how saddened she was over the disbandment of her mom's gang. mahiru agreed, and the two came up with the idea of creating their own gang. after lots of brainstorming and failed names, yuki created the atarashi sedai. he was happy to be a part of it since he was disobeying his father and he was doing it with yuki, his best friend until the end of time.

likes
       ⤷ yuki
       ⤷ winning
       ⤷ atarashi sedai
       ⤷ cats
       ⤷ sweets
       ⤷ gardening
       ⤷ music
dislikes
       ⤷ crowds
       ⤷ coffee
       ⤷ sour foods
       ⤷ children crying
       ⤷ pain
       ⤷ lies
       ⤷ losing

★ ☆                       ☆ ★

birthplace       hokkaido, japan
occupation
       ⤷ student
       ⤷ gang member
       ⤷ preschool teacher ( 2018 )
affiliation
       ⤷ atarashi sedai
status       alive
cause of death       not applicable
theme song       bonfire, wave to earth
voice claim
       ⤷ shimazaki nobunaga — kaedehara kazuha, genshin impact

★ ☆                       ☆ ★

love interest       matsuno chifuyu, your oc
relationship to chifuyu       mahiru met chifuyu when yuki had pointed out that the both of them, along with chifuyu and baji, went to school together. he had found chifuyu to be like a puppy with his admiration towards baji, and quite frankly, mahiru found it really funny. the two often tutor baji when they have the time. the more tutoring sessions he spent with chifuyu, mahiru realized that he really did like the kid.

close friends       takumi yuki, kamiya sayaka
friends       atarashi sedai, tokyo manji gang

★ ☆                       ☆ ★

trivia
       ⤷ in the timeline where yuki died, mahiru appears late to the wedding and only gives pah-chin a halfhearted congratulations. he's visibly unhappy and distraught over yuki's death and is rather unresponsive to takemichi.
       ⤷ mahiru's relationship with yuki is less captain and vice-captain, and more best friends until the end. he states that yuki is his heart.
       ⤷ he wakes up pretty early, even if he has the chance to sleep in.
       ⤷ mahiru's epithet, ghost of atasedai, was earned due to him being swift and silent in battle. he finds it a little cheesy, but he's still prideful about it.
       ⤷ kids really like mahiru. they often cling to him when he's at work and they enjoy drawing on him or putting clips in his hair.
        ⤷ he's naturally pretty warm. when it's colder outside, street cats like to rub themselves against his legs.