komatsu yukari

     ★        ☆                                                            ☆        ★

★ ☆                       ☆ ★

name komatsu yukari
aliases       yuka ( friends )
gender + pronouns female + she/her
height 5'6" ( 167 cm )
birthday january 20
age       16-17
sexuality bisexual
appearance matoi ryūko — kill la kill
clothing yukari is seen in a white dress shirt with black slack pants and black lace-up boots most of the time. in school, she wears a navy blue sailor top with a white collar and a pleated knee-length skirt of the same color. yukari wears black translucent tights and brown loafers.

★ ☆                       ☆ ★

personality yukari is described to be someone with few words by the people around her. she's quite reserved and will keep things to herself. due to her strict religious upbringing, she's still learning about the world around her since she was only ever allowed to walk around inside the temple. in the beginning, yukari struggles with making her own decisions and will always decide it with a quick coin flip. she's afraid of making the wrong choice, so she prefers not to make one at all. though she struggles to show it, she is protective of her mother figure and will always tell her to be careful when she's off to kill a devil by herself.

to others, yukari may be seen as a guard dog to her mother figure since the younger one is always fighting when the two are handling an extermination job together. though, it's simply because kazue wants her to get as much experience as she can. since kazue had picked her up when she was younger, yukari ends up adopting some of her mannerisms even if she doesn't realize it. she was raised to respect everyone around her with the highest degree, but since she started living with kazue, she became more susceptible to muttering snarky remarks under her breath when she doesn't like something. yukari doesn't enjoy dwelling in the past nor does she like thinking about the danger in her future, she believes the present is the best.

since working with kazue, she's become more adept in fighting and has a rather keen sight on certain things. yukari uses her head in most situations, but if it's something she truly doesn't want to see happening, she'll use her heart to think. it's rarely shown due to her lackluster ability to communicate her feelings, but she really cares for her friends and is thankful for them.

background yukari was raised in the kiyomizu-dera temple in kyoto. growing up, she was no stranger to watching large groups of unknown people pass by her within the temple. at first, she was scared since she barely knew them, but she got used to it. yukari worshipped kannon when she was younger, though it's noted that her faith in the deity faded as she grew up.

when she was 10, the kiyomizu-dera temple was hit by the gun devil. it killed many people within the temple, as it was a special viewing of the temple's jojuin garden. yukari was one of the few survivors of the attack. a 21-year-old kazue was in kyoto for a college party and happened to stumble upon yukari during the aftermath of the gun devil attack. feeling sympathy for the younger girl, she took yukari in under her wing. when yukari was 14, she and her mother figure joined the public safety devil hunters in tokyo.

likes
⤷ swimming
⤷ aquariums
⤷ spending time alone
⤷ ice cream
⤷ music
⤷ playgrounds
⤷ physics
⤷ reading
dislikes
⤷ temples
⤷ thoughts of her friends dying
⤷ the dark
⤷ most devils
⤷ entitled people
⤷ studying
⤷ exams

★ ☆                       ☆ ★

birthplace kyoto, japan
occupation       public safety devil hunter
affiliation
⤷ public safety devil hunters
⤷ tokyo division 2
status alive
cause of death not applicable
theme song i know the end, phoebe bridgers
voice claim ishikawa yui — mikasa ackerman, attack on titan

★ ☆                       ☆ ★

devil contract
⤷ scorpion devil
⤷ justice devil
abilities in exchange for her hearing in her right ear, yukari is able to use the scorpion devil's venom through her nails. should she scratch an opponent, the venom will release and enter the opponent's bloodstream, effectively paralyzing them. later on, when she makes a contract with the justice devil, she is able to use his gavel of judgment and his judgment scale in exchange for all nerves in her left hand.

★ ☆                       ☆ ★

love interest denji, your oc
relationship to denji yukari first met denji when his division held a newbie welcome party. she was already there with kazue prior to the group's arrival, and ended up joining their party since they wouldn't have to pay. yukari had the unfortunate experience of seeing himeno vomit into denji's mouth, and she decided that was that. later on when she's about to leave the office and return home, she gets approached by denji who told her to ignore what happened that night (he thought she was cute), and she simply shrugged. yukari asked if he wanted to come with her to an arcade, and he accepted since he's never been to one.

close friends yoshida hirofumi, mitaka asa, denji
friends hayakawa aki, higashiyama kobeni, power

★ ☆                       ☆ ★

trivia
⤷ she's unnaturally good at beat-em-up style arcade games and is always on the leaderboard. she spends a lot of time there in general.
⤷ yukari remarks that she didn't learn how to swim when she was younger. kazue thought it was funny a 14-year-old didn't know how to swim, so she shoved the younger girl into the pool and made her think fast.
⤷ yukari would really like a pet, but sees that she has no time for it.