CHAPTER 2

Sunday 12pm

Jisoo's P.O.V.

It had been a week and I hadn't seen her again. The mysterious girl who entered my office and my heart unannounced, Rosé. Just the sound of my name gave me butterflies. I'd been lost wandering alone in the dark emptiness of my life for so long it felt as though any sense of light seized to exist.

And yet within barely 10 minutes of her company, she had made me feel more than I had in years. A sense of worth, a sense of hope, a sense of... happiness.

"What are we doing here?" My sister boredly asked as she pouted and cupped her cheeks with her hands on the table.

"It's a coffee shop, Jennie. We're drinking coffee." I stated matter-of-factly. My eyes were darting across the room until they finally landed on the one person I wanted to talk to.

Jennie huffed beside me, her fingertip skimmed the rim of the porceline coffee cup. "Thank you for the stating the obvious. Why can't we go to our usual coffee shop?"

"Because... I just wanted to try somewhere different." I replied, watching as Rosé was sat at the counter in the distance eating a cookie as she flicked and casually read through the pages of a magazine. It was strange how watching her in such a simple setting made my heart leap in elation.

"But you don't like change. You have your systems of routine." Jennie argued back, too loudly for my liking. She knew I didn't like to discuss the routines of habit I'd developed over the past few years. It was difficult to talk about.

"Jennie! Can we not discuss that?"She sighed, tapping her fingernails on the table.

"Why did you buy flowers?" She gestured to the bouquet of roses I'd bought on out way here

Because I just wanted to!

As usual she wasn't interested simply yawning and slouched back in her seat. "Can we go to the mall now?"

"No and I don't know why you insisted on going here with me today-"

"Jisoo? What are you doing here?" I glanced up to see Rosé stood in front of our table. Her sincere smile melted the ice depths of my cold heart.

"It's a coffee shop. We're drinking coffee. Ouch!" Jennie replied sarcastically as I nudged her shoulder to stop her from being annoying.

"Hi Rosé, it's lovely to see you again. These are for you." I shyly gave her the flowers as she looked at me with wide eyes before gratefully accepting them.

"For me? That's so kind, thank you

"For me? That's so kind, thank you." Her dazzling smile continued to take my brwath away. She was beyond beautiful as she placed the flowers gently. On the table and took the free seat beside Jennie across from me.

Jennie glanced between Rosé and I and smirked. "Oooh that's why you got the roses, I get it now. Interesting."

"This is my sister Jennie. She's studying at S.I.A. too but she's a freshman."