Chapter 3

a/n 

hey! i hope you're enjoying so far, this chapters a fun one.

you learn a lot about y/n in this one, but she is still a woman of mystery so there is still much to be revealed!

this is also a much longer part !!

cw// alcohol use

y/n pov

I sat inside my professor's office restlessly waiting for her to get back, trying to avoid my mind wandering to Emily and what she was doing in my profiling class. I'm sure she hadn't been there before, so why now?

The 10 minutes felt like hours as I combed my brain, endlessly overthinking who in the fuck the beautiful stranger who seamlessly took hold of every thought to run through my mind was.

Before I could come to a conclusion on who the woman was, Tara walked into her office, letting out a slight sigh, and closing the door behind her.

'How's my favourite student?' she said, a slight smirk presented on her face, a sign she had some news for me; good news!

'Considering the tone you set for this conversation, Dr. Lewis,' the use of her title quipping at her previous statement, 'I'd say I am very good!' I responded, leaving her laughing briefly at my response.

'I've been speaking with Unit Chief Prentiss at the BAU, my boss, and she said she would allow you an interview in a week or so consisting of a field test, considering you would be straight out of college, and a spoken interview.' The brunette spoke, while I was struggling to keep my jaw from dropping to the floor.

I quickly composed myself, 'Why would she allow me an interview so early?' I questioned, knowing I hadn't done my end of year exams yet. Tara's word on my intelligence surely wasn't enough to get me an interview at one of the most successful branches of the FBI.

The answer to all my questions presented itself when the raven-haired woman appeared as if on cue at the door to Tara's office.

Time seemed to slow down as I turned my head and met her eyes, snapping back to reality when Tara spoke up, 'Prentiss, this is Y/n Y/l/n!' Her tone excited, with a hint of something I couldn't quite decipher. 'Y/n, you saw the Chief earlier...' she started, trailing off, 'You know, at the end of class! She was auditing it, and saw you in action.' A large smile evident on her face.

Words failed me. How could the woman I had been, maybe slightly delusionally, thinking about since I met her be the Unit Chief of the fucking Behavioural Analysis Unit? What are the chances of that happening? It's like finding a needle in a haystack- no scratch that, it is like finding a needle in a stack of needles-

'Nice to meet you Y/n' she says, thankfully interrupting my spiral, extending her hand to shake mine. As I rose my hand to meet hers, I scanned her face for any sign of what she was thinking, any sign that she was freaking out as well, and then our hands met.

Electricity. The moment our skin met a tingling sensation erupted through my hand, rippling through my body, a sudden heat rushing to my head.

My judgement clouded, my hand lingered, and I could almost feel Tara's eyes on me, and her not so hidden smirk daring to make an appearance.

To my surprise the Chief didn't make any attempt to remove her hand from my grip either, one of us seemingly waiting for the other to let go.

Collecting myself, acknowledging that this woman could soon be my boss and could make or break my career, I continued our reintroduction, 'It's very nice to meet you too Chief.'