The night..

* 4 years later in 7th grade at school..

"Hey dummy you still walking home with me afterschool today?" Byul asked as she sat in the desk in front of me. "No not today, my dad is actually coming down from Seoul and taking me out. Finally, don't have to walk home with you dummyhead" I replied jokingly. "Well how rude you grandpa!" she said back while sticking her tongue out at me. "But you must be excited. where did you say you would meet him today?". "I'm going to meet him at the park nearby" "The one with our secret place in?" she asked and I nodded.

*Later that evening

My dad said he would meet me at the opening of the park exactly at 4:30 p.m. The time was now 3:45 p.m. right after school ended I ran to the park out of excitement. My mom was at work until 8 p.m. I sat at a nearby bench and waited. I saw my clock: 4:45 p.m. I'm sure he's running late, I mean adults are always late right? 5:30 p.m. Is he lost? was there traffic? 6:45 p.m. the sun was already setting. What if something happened to him? Should I go home? 7:00 p.m. I saw my mom and Byul in the distance. She's supposed to be at work though.. why is she... Then it hit me. I knew that that meant he bailed AGAIN. I was sad and angry now. I ran off and headed to the secret place to cry. How could he do this to me? He's an adult! He is supposed to be there for me. He's supposed to be my best friend! He.. he.. he's supposed to be my dad... Tears came one by one sliding down my face. I was so embarrassed. I heard someone's footsteps and looked up. I remember this moment forever because that night, Byul really shone like a star.. so bright and pretty.. the star was wiping my tears away and hugging me. I felt embarrassed but liked the comfort I was receiving.. Byul was always there for me. She always knew how to comfort me every time I was angry or sad. Then it came back... My heart was beating to a fast rhythm and I had butterflies in my stomach. I've always wondered why I was like this around her and then I knew. I realized then at the age of 13, how much I really liked her and how I have developed massive feelings for her. This was love. My first love..

Authors note #2✌️
Soo the education system in Korea is
-12-14 is middle school so...
-12 years old is 6th grade
-13 years old is 7th grade
-14 years old is 8th grade
Then high school (called godung hakgyu) is like....
-15years old first year high school
-16-17 yrs 2nd year
-18-19 yrs is 3rd year
and then at age 19/20 you enter college usually