CHAPTER THIRTEEN: TWO IDIOTS WALK IN A BAR

Start from the beginning

"That's depressing as shit Jesus." She says before leaning against the bar feeling ready to topple over.

"There is no hope for any of us." Hershel adds before glancing to Julia sadly and looking away. Julia just stared at him with a sigh she looks and finds some water deciding it was time to sober up a bit.

"Look I'm done. I'm not doing this anymore, cleaning up after you. You know what the truth is? Nothing has changed. Death is death it's always been there, whether it's from a heart attack, cancer, or a Walker. What's the difference? You didn't think it was hopeless before, did you? Now there are people back t home trying to hang on. They need us, even if it's just to give them a reason to go on, even if we don't believe it ourselves. You know what? This- this isn't about what we believe anymore. It's about them." Rick finally finishes his rant and Hershel finishes his drink and sets the glass down and upside down.

Right as the four were about to leave the door opens and Julia slowly turns around before the look of confusion turns to one of a scowl.

Two men had just walked into the bar, and something rang inside Julia screaming danger.

"Who the fuck are you?" Julia asks in a cold detached tone as the guys just assessed them. "Son of a bitch. They're alive." The skinnier one says with shock completely ignoring Julia's question.

The two guys walk further into the bar and they both try to make it look like their look g around but Julia notes how their eyes linger on her bare legs. Yup. That settled it she wouldn't be wearing shorts ever again.

Julia quickly moved away from them and rushed to be behind the bar and closer to Rick. Hershel, Glenn, and Rick seemed slightly on edge but- they didn't say anything to the men at first.

"Mind if I get some of that?" The smaller one asks allotting down and pointing to the bottle next to Julia. His eyes were trained on her clearly wanting to bring it but Rick did it instead.

"I'm dave." He calls as his friend comes and sits at the bar even closer to Julia then Dave. His eyes assessing her body making her hand hover her sword and a resting bitch face to contort her expression.

"That scum my looking douche bag there is Tony." Dave tries to joke but Julia doesn't so much as crack a smile as her eyes narrow at the men suspiciously.

"Eat me Dave." He laughs and Dave joins in, "Hey maybe someday I will. We met on I-95 coming out of Philly. Damn shot show that was." Dave admits his eyes once again trailing to Julia making her scoff and look away.

"I'm Glenn. It's nice to meet some new people." Glenn says with a big cheery smile trying to be nice as Julia scowls from right beside him.

Couldn't he sense what they were? Or were men really that stupid? Julia definitely felt sobered up the moment they entered the bar, her entire body tense and on alert.

"Rick Grimes." Rick says in a friendly but not overly perky voice like Glenn, he was trying to get a read on these guys.

Dave looks to Hershel and Julia waiting for an answer but Julia just scowls and punches her eyebrows staying silent. "How about you two.... Gonna have one?" Dave asks referring to the alcohol and learning their names but only Hershel responds.

"We just quit." Hershel states confidently as Dave smiles almost humored to hear it. "You both got a unique sense of timing friends." Dave  says passive aggressively making Julia bite her tongue.

"His names Hershel, he lost people today, a lot of them." Rick explains making Dave look sympathetic but- Julia saw it as a mask. These guys wouldn't be coming back to the farm unless it was over her dead body.