𝟬𝟬𝟭, you're on your own, kid.

Start from the beginning

NOW

here's riley presently, reading a comic book on the old bed with the house empty, leaving her all alone. when the world collapsed, she perished, along with her family and a portion of herself.

throughout the day, evening, and night, she was by herself. riley remained at this house that once had a place with a family, it was vacant and deserted so she had the spot before any other person would.

in order to survive, riley had a daily routine. she just tries her best to survive and spends her time at the house, making a few runs for supplies about twice a week. she never trusted anyone, which was one of her rules.

especially not in this world.

she stayed in the bedroom and read the old comic books until she heard the front door creak open. riley raised her head and set the comic down next to her. she jumped on her feet and reached for her knife that was on her waist band.

as she heard footsteps downstairs, likely from people searching the house for anyone, riley left the room. she stood close to the staircase as a irritated voice made her flinch, "just stop!" the man raised his tone from downstairs.

after that, what riley heard was banging, "hey, asshole! hey, shitface!" a boy shouted back. in disbelief, the smith girl raised her eyebrows.

"watch your mouth!" the father warned his son.

"are you kidding me? if there's one of them down there, they would have come out."

the young boy started walking up the stairs which riley was alerted by. she slowly backed away from the staircase and walked to the nearest room which was the bathroom. riley stood there with the knife in her hand and closed the door quietly before standing by it.

she heard footsteps opening each door and now the stranger stood in front of the bathroom. the entryway opened while riley remained behind it as the kid looked for anybody in the room. riley shut the door as he went further into the bathroom, notifying the boy to rapidly turn around with widen eyes.

riley slapped the gun away from his hand and raised her hand with the knife as she swung at him. he unexpectedly dodged it and held a grip on her arm that had the weapon. pushing riley against the sink, the knife left her grip and made a cut on her waist as it fell on the floor. the boy, who appeared to be her age, reached for his gun, but she prevented it.

she kneed him in the stomach before he could just grab it, causing him to let go of her and groan in pain. when the door abruptly opened and an arm was tied around her waist, riley was pulled out of the room just as she was about to grab her knife.

riley was slammed on the hallway floor as she heard a click from the gun that was pointed at her forehead. she whimpered in response to the pain in her back, but when she opened her eyes, riley saw a much older man who had been badly beaten.

the girl breathed heavily as she scowled at the man. "your not gonna pull it." she told him. with his finger on the trigger, the man glared at her.

"do it." she murmured.

there was a long pause until the stranger aimed the gun downward, riley's heart rate slowed.

riley stood up and stumbled a little away from the adult. the kid came out of the room, raising his gun at her as he stood beside his dad.

"carl, put the gun down." the man instructed his kid. carl looked at his dad with anger, receiving a look from him, "now."

carl huffed but listened as the gun was aimed down. riley glanced between the two, "i claimed this house first."

"i understand, but we can reach an agreement." she was told by the man.

"and what's that?" riley tilted her head at the pair.

"you can join us."

"what? dad, you can't be serious! she tried to kill me!" carl interjected.

riley scrunched up her face in confusion, "i don't even know you."

"i'm rick grimes." he answered. "this is my son, carl." riley gazed at boy who was glaring at her.

"how do i know that i can trust you and your son?" riley asked rick. she had a lot of trust issues, mostly because of her dad.

"we don't kill the living." rick stated. he went inside the bathroom and grabbed her knife. rick handed it to her for riley to understand.

the girl nodded her head as she sighed, "fine, you can stay but i expect you two to go on supply runs like i do."

"that's okay with us."

"i also have some stuff to get you cleaned up, those wounds look pretty bad." she told rick. the man nodded and muttered a thank you.

riley was unaware that these individuals would have a lasting impact on her life.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

AUTHORS NOTE:

FINALLY WRITING THIS BOOK!! so happy to write the build up between riley and carl and her story 🤍

this book is probably gonna break some of y'all hearts so be readyyy ;)

please vote for this chapter and DON'T BE A SILENT READER .