~ t w e n t y s i x ~

Start from the beginning

Nandini has a daughter and that daughter is none other than Anahita. Even imagining Nandini with anyone else was making him feel shattered.

How did those authors glorified or romanticised heartbreaks in his favourite books, he wondered. For Manik, it was a kind of death and he was forced to keep living.

And only he knows how hard it was for him. To not able to control his tears remembering that day and still putting up a smile for his family and friends.

Reason, he was being distant with them. He would spend as less time as possible with his family and friends. And it was breaking him more and more. To not being able to share his heart with anyone, because ultimately his tears will hurt them. And that's the last thing he wishes for.

He came out of his trance when Cabir nudged him, and he looked at front to saw Mr. Rastogi talking about Love and Heartbreaks, and the class was enjoying whatever he was telling. He chuckled mirthlessly, is everything and everyone trying to make him remember what he never forgot? He couldn't concentrate. If it was any other day, he would've actively participated. But today he was attending the class only to be saved from his friends' questions.

"Okay, seems like you guys are too much heartbroken, no?"

"Yes sir!!" Most of the boys shouted in unison and Professor shaked his head in disbelief.

"Okay then, let me ask you a simple question. Since you're heartbroken it will be easy to answer." He continued gazing around the class.

"Tell me, would you rather get shot or heartbroken?"

The class was surprised even Fab Four raised their eyebrows in surprise. Professor made students answer one by one, firstly those boys who were too heartbroken, according to them. And not surprisingly enough for Mr. Rastogi, whomever he asked would reply that they would choose getting Heartbroken, obviously heartbroken or not, they would still be alive.

Mr. Rastogi then asked Cabir who kept sitting scratching his head.

"Sir a counter question."

"I was expecting Cabir, ask!"

"Shot where? Then I would choose accordingly." Mr. Rastogi shaked his head and smiled. He already knew his answer.

"Shot right at heart Cabir."

"Then I'll prefer getting Heartbroken. But Navya, don't break my heart okay, otherwise I'll shoot you." He joked at last looking at Navya and everyone burst out in laughter. But when Cabir looked at Manik he sighed sadly. He looked at his friend's who mimicked his expression.

"Manik, although I know your answer too, but let's hear it out too."

Manik was looking at Professor and without standing up he gave his answer.

"Shot!"

"Say it again." There was silence and Mr. Rastogi was surprised and so were his friends.

"I said Shot."

"Why?" Everyone were curious.Manik looked in Professor's eyes and blinked.

"Because getting shot can be healed." Mr. Rastogi had a small smile on his face and then looked around the rest of the class.

"Who agrees with him." And when no-one answered or raised their hands he continued, "then luckily, none of you had been heartbroken."

Whole class looked at Manik and so did Mr. Rastogi while Manik was looking at his notebook. He could feel everyone's stares on him but he chose to be unaware. He was now scolding himself fo uttering out that, as now he was sure his friends won't leave him. Sighing tiredly he kept his head on the bench but kept his eyes open, because he knew the moment he will close them he would see images he doesn't wanted to see.