chapter 5

‘ Suddenly she felt a surge of anger and punched the empty space on the pillow under Tys head.’

Ty woke up immediately oblivious, then saw Lyndy right next to him.

“ Honey, what’s wrong?” -Ty asks still half asleep

“ Nothing, I just miss mommy, that’s all.” -Lyndy replies with anger in her tone of voice.

“ Honey, just lay down and go back to sleep.” -Ty said, closing his eyes and slightly drifting off back to sleep.

Lyndy got off the bed and walked back to her room and closed the door.
She walked over to her bed and layed down and started to cry silently.

The Next Morning **

Lyndy gets up and walks out of her room and goes to the kitchen.
She looks around and doesn’t see her dad.

“ Where’s daddy?” -Lyndy asked Lou, who is in the kitchen.

“ Honey, I think he is still sleeping. How about you enjoy some breakfast, then he should be up by the time you’re finished eating.

Lyndy sighed.

“ I’m not hungry.” -Lyndy said before walking outside and going to the barn.

Lou sighed.

“ Grandpa, I’m worried about her. It’s been a little over a year since Amy passed.” -Lou said while sitting down with a cup of coffee.

“ Usually I would say ‘ you shouldn’t worry’ but in this case, I’m worried about her and Ty.” -Jack replied with.

In The Barn **

Lyndy walks up to the stall that holds Spartan, she opens the stall door and starts to pet Spartan. She starts to silently cry, her tears falling onto Spartans main. After a few moments she let go of Spartan and closed the stall door and turned around and faced the staircase that leads up to the loft.
With tears still rolling down her cheeks she slowly walks up the stairs.
She reaches the top and goes to Ty and Amy’s old bed and lays down on it cuddling into Amy’s pillow.

In The Ranch House **

Ty slowly walks out of his room and enters the kitchen.

“ How’d you sleep, Ty?” -Lou asked, handing him a coffee.

“ I slept fine” -Ty replied, but knows everyone can tell he is lying.

Ty slowly looks around the kitchen, but doesn’t hear Lyndy.

“ Where’s Lyndy?” -Ty asked

“ Uhm, she is in the barn. Do you want me to go get her?” -Lou asked.

“ No, it’s ok. I’ll go get her.” -Ty responded, setting his coffee on the table then walking out the door and goes to the barn.

“ Lyndy honey.” -Ty says as he approaches the barn.

He peeks inside, to find a barn full of horses, without a person inside.

“ Lyndy honey, where are you?” -Ty called out while entering the barn.

After he entered the barn he heard a soft cry coming from the loft.
He took a deep breath then walked up the stairs to the loft. As he approached the top he saw a little girl laying on Amy’s side of the bed.

“ Lyndy honey” -Ty said with a soft voice as he approached the bed.

“ I miss mommy” -Lyndy cried out

“ I miss her too” -Ty managed to get out without crying

“ I-I saw mommy and my brother last night.” -Lyndy said, while in Ty’s arms.

“ You s-saw your mommy and b-brother last night? What, did you dream about them?” - Ty asked, looking into Lyndy’s sparkling blue eyes.

“ They were in my dream, I talked to mommy too.” -Lyndy responded.

Ty slightly smiled, but could feel his tears building up in his eyes.

“ I love you sweetheart.” -Ty said with a tear slipping out of his eye.

To Be Continued . . .

~ Hi guys! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! This chapter is building up to what the main storyline is! Kaelyn is writing next week's chapter and I bet it’s going to be amazing! Please leave your thoughts below!
-heartland_fam07