chapter 3

Later that day, Ty dropped Lyndy off with Jack and Lisa and drove away in his 1957 GMC Blue Chip 9300 pickup truck. He wasn’t sure where he was going, but he just wanted to get away from Heartland.
As he drove down a dirt road he glanced over and saw a pasture and drove his truck into the field and pulled up to a spot and got out. He looked over the land where he and Amy were planning their home to be built, it was also the place where they looked over baby names for Lyndy.

Flashback

Ty and Amy are sitting in the back of the blue truck bed under a blanket, looking at a book of baby names.

“ Ty, we don’t even know if we are having a boy or a girl.” -Amy said with the book in her hand.

“ Yeah, but it doesn’t hurt to have options.” -Ty replied while looking over the pasture.
“ I love you Amy.” -Ty said smiling while hugging Amy from the side.

“ I love you too.” -Amy replied smiling as well.

Flash Forward

After Ty sat in the bed of his truck for a couple of hours weeping he got back inside his truck and drove away.
Ty decided to drive into Hudson to find a place to hangout that wasn’t home.

After passing Maggies, and a few shopping places he found himself in the parking lot of a bar.
Without even thinking he got out of his truck and walked inside. He walked over to the bar and started a tab by getting a ‘ Schooner’ ( Beer Stein ) .

After a couple of hours and a few more beers later, Caleb O’dell came and sat next to Ty.

“ Hey buddy, what are you doing here?” - Caleb asked

“ Nothing, I-I was just leaving.” -Ty said slurring his words together being tipsy from all of the alcohol he had already ingested in that couple of hours.

As Ty started to get up Caleb forced him to sit back down by putting his hand on Ty’s shoulder and pushing him back down on his seat.

“ Now, are you going to tell me what the hell you are doing here?” -Caleb asked with more seriousness in his voice than before.  

“ Drowning my feelings, and uh avoiding home.” -Ty said as it was hard to get that last part out.

“ What the hell are you talking about? Why would you want to avoid going home? You have a beautiful family and Amy is pregnant with your new baby, you also have your beautiful daughter, Lyndy.” -Caleb asked with curiosity in his voice.

“ Caleb, I have lost half of my family! Ok? I don’t have Amy, nor the new baby! There was a complication and she is no longer pregnant, she is no longer living!” -Ty shouted, pretty sober for the moment.

Caleb looked at Ty with confusion.

“ Remember that accident that Amy and I were in about 2 weeks ago? Well she ended up getting a blood clot in her shoulder and it ended up getting infected and she passed away from the infection. The baby wasn’t all the way developed and uh we lost it too.” -Ty explained with his voice cracking from holding his tears back.

Just as Caleb was about to say something to Ty a guy walked up to them.

“ Aww, did the little baby get knocked off his feet? Did your little girlfriend break up with you? Are you going to cry? Get drunk?” - Random guy in the bar asked.

Without even thinking Ty stood up and punched the random guy in the face then the guy came back and suckerpunched Ty even harder.
Caleb immediately grabbed Ty and got him out of there, but it was a little too late. As soon as Caleb brought Ty to the parking lot the cops showed up and arrested Ty, and brought him down to the police station.

Caleb pulled his phone out of his pocket and called Jack.

“ Hey Jack it’s me, Caleb. Ty got arrested, he needs you to go bail him out of jail.” -Caleb explained.

“ Ok, I’ll be at the police station, in about 15-20 minutes.” -Jack said

“ Ok. I’ll bring Ty’s truck home.” -Caleb offered.

“ Ok, thank you Caleb.” -Jack thanked him and the phone call ended.

2 ½ hours later  

Jack is sitting in his Chevrolet C-10 outside the police station waiting on Ty.

After a few more minutes of waiting Ty walked out of the police station, then got in Jack's truck.
After a few silent awkward minutes of driving Jack spoke up.

“ What the hell were you thinking? With what everyone is going through, did you really think it would be a good idea to get drunk and get into a bar fight!?” - Jack asked, trying to keep his cool.

“ It wasn’t a bar fight, it was one punch. But I am the one who threw the punch first.” -Ty said

“ That doesn’t matter, did you even think of Lyndy? What if she lost her father too? Then what Ty? What the hell would she do?” -Jack asked.

“ I don’t know! Ok! I wasn’t thinking!” -Ty said.

“ That’s for damn sure.” -Jack said while continuing to drive.

To be continued . . .

Hi everyone! Thank you so much for reading this chapter! I hope you enjoyed it and will leave a review!

~ heartland_fam07