86 | Time Limit

Depuis le début

Mikael...?

In a lightning strike of remembrance, Irene's consciousness was engulfed by an overwhelming deluge of recollection.

Her eyes stretched wide, a magnitude of memories surging through her mind - revealing her life as a Cherliann. The princes, Rayvis and Isabella — the energy of the vibrant festival, and the echoes of Mikael's voice reverberated with an intensity that shook her core.

That's right...! I was at the festival with the others!

But amid this kaleidoscope of rediscovered moments, Irene felt a chill run down her spine when she remembered the last thing she saw.

A familiar elderly woman, draped in shadows, emerged from the depths of a dimly lit alleyway. She should have long been consigned to oblivion, and yet - for some incomprehensible reason, Sophia Cather appeared before her.

The woman who had tormented Mikael his entire life, until he first moved to the Cherliann estate.

Someone who attempted to end Irene's life, only to meet a brutal end at the hands of Mikael - who was only a child at the time.

And a member of the dark magician's guild, who had been lurking in Laydel for years now.

With a malevolent sneer etched upon her face, she defied the laws of existence, casting an ominous presence that shattered Irene's newfound revelations.

A surge of terror gripped Irene's voice as she exclaimed, "The last thing I recall... I saw that woman, and somehow passed out...!"

The once serene ambience faded into the background, leaving her on edge. Irene's heart pounded fiercely within her chest, a palpable reminder of her growing unease. With a sense of urgency, her eyes darted around, scanning her surroundings, while her hands involuntarily clenched into fists.

"She's alive...!" Irene's words carried a mix of shock and dread. "Somehow... That demonic woman is alive... I need to inform everyone immediately! But where in the world am I?"

If the last thing she remembered was fainting in front of Mikael, what was she doing here in the middle of nowhere?

Was this world even real? Everything about it felt off, like it was different - separate from the reality she knew. But just as she found herself ruminating on the matter, something moved in the corner of her eye.

Immediately glancing towards the source, Irene's eyes widened at the sight of what - or rather, who manifested several metres away from her.

"...Mikael?" Her voice quivered with a mixture of disbelief and hope.

In front of her stood a man with the familiar deep, captivating blue eyes she had come to know so well. His lashes, long and sharp, framed an elegantly sculpted face reminiscent of an angel's beauty. Yet, there was an undeniable difference in him, something that set him apart from the Mikael she remembered.

This man... Although he bore an uncanny resemblance to Mikael, his essence radiated an entirely distinct presence. His eyes exuded warmth and tenderness, casting a gaze upon her that spoke of deep affection, as if he cherished her with every fiber of his being.

Unlike Mikael's shorter locks, his luscious blonde hair cascaded in waves, extending far beyond Mikael's usual style. Tied loosely with a dark blue ribbon, it swayed gracefully down his back in the gentle breeze that caressed them both.

Standing before her, the figure unmistakably emanated a mature presence, distinct from Mikael. His towering height and the profound wisdom in his eyes carried the unmistakable marks of adulthood. Despite his apparent age in the early twenties, Irene couldn't help but wonder about his identity.