Nerd. | Method Man. & Redman.

Start from the beginning

"Mmhm, have you told them about your feelings yet?" Riley asked her, folding her arms with her brows raising.

Yazmine had developed strong feelings for both Silas and Jamal, but she hadn't found the right moment to confess. Since their arrival at Harvard, she had formed a strong friendship with both of them, and they brought a lively atmosphere to the campus.

Whenever they had free time, Riley and Yazmine would hang out with Silas and Jamal, making the most of their company. Among all her friends, Riley was the only one who was aware of Yazmine's attraction to the young men.

"I'll tell them when I'm ready and hopefully I won't embarrass myself." Yazmine replied with a sigh, she anxiously pushed her glasses to the top of her nose.

"Girl you got this, I'm sure they'll understand, They've known you for a while now, and they appreciate your intelligence and kindness. Plus, I have a feeling they might feel the same way about you." Riley encouraged, resting her hand on her friend's shoulder.

"You really think so?" Yazmine replied, blushing even deeper, her heart fluttering at the thought.

"Absolutely. And even if they don't, they value your friendship too much to let it affect your relationship. Trust me, Yaz, everything will be fine." Riley nodded, soothing her friend's worries.

Taking a deep breath, Yazmine gathered her courage. "You're right, Riley. I shouldn't let fear hold me back. I'll tell them tonight when we meet for our tutoring session." Yazmine spoke in a happy tone, her loo

"That's the spirit! Like I said, you got this." Riley clapped her hands excitedly.

Yazmine opened the door and greeted her friend with a warm hug as the door made a creaking sound. "Thank you, girl, I appreciate this." Yazmine thanked her, hugging her back.

"No problem Yaz, that's what I'm here hun."

                      ♡♥︎♡

Yazmine's knuckles tapped hesitantly on the door, her gaze locked onto the rich, brown hardwood beneath her shoes. Clutching her textbook tightly against her chest, she desperately pursued relief from the whirlwind of thoughts racing through her mind. Regret sinks in, and an overwhelming sense of fear began to take her in a chokehold.

Isn't it natural for her to feel a bit nervous? After all, it's quite normal for anyone to feel such jitters when it comes to confessing their feelings to someone they liked. The uncertainty of knowing if the person feels the same or not can easily get on anyone's nerves.

The door creaked open to reveal Silas in a cozy grey tee shirt and matching sweatpants. A grin adorned his face as his deep brown eyes locked onto Yazmine, who entered their spacious dorm room. His durag was wrapped around his head, concealing his braids, while a bandana was neatly tied, serving as a stylish headband.

"What's up Yaz?" Silas greeted warmly, wrapping his arm around the young woman in a warm embrace. Her arm slithered around his slim frame.

"Hey Silas, I'm doing pretty good." Yazmine replied with a smile, letting go of him as he did the same.

The scent of potent cologne and weed wafted in her nostrils as her eyes scanned the room, the four walls surrounding them were adorned with posters of hip-hop artists, a few r&b singers and some graphic magazine posters of women. There seemed to be no sign of Tuan or Jeff in the dorm room, Yaz figured that they were in their classes.

Silas gently shuts the door, Jamal walked from his bedroom, stretching his limbs and yawning, still in the midst of waking up. He rubbed away the sleep out of his eyes, fixing his gaze upon Yazmine, his face etched with puzzlement.