weird rules

okay this is short, But hey here we are

Kit stared at Sam with narrowed eyes as he read his latest set of ridiculous rules for CLADE HQ. These rules had been getting more and more absurd, disrupting agents' work and lowering morale.

"Hey Sam, are you making weird rules again?" she said, an annoyed tone evident in her voice. "I'll shoot if you are."

Sam gulped nervously, replied and innocently tried to play it off with a laugh. "What? Don't be silly, Kit!" he said unconvincingly. But moments later he declared "I am pleased to announce I am setting up rules that everyone must understand!"

But as soon as Sam announced his new rule that all agents must wear on Thursdays, Kit had heard enough.

That was the last straw for Kit. Without hesitation, she pulled out her weapon and fired several rapid shots into Sam's chest. Sam cried out in comical pain "Why?!" as he collapsed to the ground bleeding.

Kit marched over, glaring down at him. "Alright Sam, that's the last ridiculous rule you'll ever make." Her tone was firm but not unkind.

Sam grimaced in pain. "But I was just trying to -"

"Make things more 'fun'?" Kit cut him off. "Rules without logic just breed resentment."

Sam nodded meekly, tears filling his eyes from the pain. "You're right. I'm sorry."

Kit's expression softened slightly. "I know." She holstered her pistol and knelt down, ripping strips from Sam's uniform to make makeshift tourniquets for his leg wounds. "Now let's get you to the before you bleed out."

Sam winced as she tightened the tourniquets. "You have a...unique teaching method," he said through gritted teeth.

Kit smiled. "Desperate times." She helped him stand, letting him lean heavily on her as they began the long walk to the medical wing.

The whole way there, Sam had to grip Kit tight to stay upright, leaving bloody handprints on her uniform. But she didn't complain, focusing instead on getting him the help he needed.

When they finally arrived, they went to work immediately, rushing Sam into surgery while Kit watched on, relieved her unconventional intervention had at least stopped the nonsense - for now.