Sixth Year Part 1

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Thanks Sirius, it's just what we've always wanted a Rory" Fred says making the others laugh.

"Hilarious" Rory moans as she gets off of them and goes to sit next to Charlie.

"You're just in time for lunch" Arthur says as the others sit down. He starts handing out the food. Bill sits the otherside of Rory.

"Hello Pillock" Rory smirks as Charlie laughs.

"Oh god you see that article didn't you" Bill groans.

"I did"

"And let me guess you're no longer going to call me Bill are you"

"Nope from now on your name is Pillock" He rolls his eyes before looking at Charlie.

"I feel sorry for you mate, that's your girlfriend"

"Nah she's not that bad" Charlie smirks at her as she glares at him.

"Whatever Charles" Rory says sticking her tongue out him. 

"It's time!" James said, looking just as excited as the younger ones. "Come on, let's go!" James and Sirius lead the way as the others all followed. Charlie linked his hand with Rory's before smiling down at her. They all walked through the wood for twenty minutes, talking and joking loudly, until at last they emerged on the other side and found themselves in the shadow of a gigantic stadium.

"Seats a hundred thousand," Arthur said, spotting the awestruck look on Harry and Ron's faces as he started leading the way toward the nearest entrance.

"Prime seats!" The Ministry witch at the entrance said when she checked the tickets James handed her. "Top Box! Straight upstairs, and as high as you can go." The stairs into the stadium were carpeted in rich purple. They clambered upward with the rest of the crowd, which slowly filtered away through doors into the stands to their left and right. They kept climbing, and at last they reached the top of the staircase and found themselves in a small box, set at the highest point of the stadium and situated exactly halfway between the golden goal posts. About twenty purple-and-gilt chairs stood in two rows here Rory was sat between Charlie and James. Hermione started skimming eagerly through her velvet covered, tasselled program.

"'A display from the team mascots will precede the match,'" she read aloud.

"Oh that's always worth watching," Arthur said. "National teams bring creatures from their native land, you know, to put on a bit of a show." The box filled gradually around them over the next half hour. Edging along the second row to three still-empty seats right behind Arthur were Lucius Malfoy, his son, Draco and Narcissa.

"Hello James, Arthur, Sirius" Narcissa said smiling at them.

"Hello Cissy" Sirius greeted his cousin. The next moment, Ludo Bagman charged into the box.

"Everyone ready?" he said, his round face gleaming like a great, excited Edam. "Minister ready to go?"

"Ready when you are, Ludo," The Minister said comfortably. Ludo whipped out his wand, directed it at his own throat, and said

"Sonorus!" and then spoke over the roar of sound that was now filling the packed stadium; his voice echoed over them, booming into every corner of the stands. "Ladies and gentlemen welcome! Welcome to the final of the four hundred and twenty-second Quidditch World Cup!" The spectators screamed and clapped. Thousands of flags waved, adding their discordant national anthems to the racket. "And now, without further ado, allow me to introduce the Bulgarian National Team Mascots!" The right-hand side of the stands, which was a solid block of scarlet, roared its approval. A hundred veela were gliding out onto the field. Then the music started and the veela started to dance. Harry was standing up, and one of his legs was resting on the wall of the box. Next to him, Ron was frozen in an attitude that looked as though he were about to dive from a springboard. Rory looked at her dad who smirked before gently waving his hand and nodding at her to do the same as she used her wind power with out anyone seeing to make them both fall backwards. James smiled at her before she turned to look at Charlie to find him looking at her. She smiled at him and linked their hands as James and Arthur smiled at them. Angry yells were filling the stadium. The crowd didn't want the veela to go. Ron, meanwhile, was absentmindedly shredding the shamrocks on his hat. Arthur, smiling slightly, leaned over to Ron and tugged the hat out of his hands.