Chapter 1

'Valerie?' Sarah says. I put my magazine down on my beach towel. 'Yeah?' I reply. 'There's a party at my house today, you coming?' She asks me. 'And you're telling me this now? Of course, I'm coming.' I answered. 'Great, the poques are coming too.' Sarah replied. 'I'm glad' I smile.

'Anyway, let's surf' She says as she stands up. She grabs her surfboard and starts running towards the sea. 'Hey wait for me!' I shout. I stand up and grasp my surfboard and I run to Sarah who is already in the sea. I lie onto the surfboard I just threw into the water. My hands are moving the surfboard forward into the sea.

I ring the doorbell and Rafe opens the door. He's still talking to his friend, he's smiling but his smile slowly fades as he turns to look at me. 'Who invited you?' Barry chuckles. I roll my eyes at his stupid comment. 'Sarah did dumbass.' Rafe says to him. 'Of course she did' Barry scoffs. 'Valerie!' Sarah says in excitement. She smiles and walks over. She gives me a small hug. 'I was waiting for you! Were they teasing you again?' She asks. I smile faintly 'Surprisingly they weren't.'

She looks at Rafe and Barry suspiciously. 'Hmm, alright.. if you say so.' She grabs my hand and drags me inside. 'You want anything to drink?' She offers me. I decline and we walk towards our friends, the poques. 'Hey guys' Sarah and I say at the same time. We look at each other surprised and giggle. I give everyone a small hug. 'I heard they're going to play never have I ever later tonight, we should join.' Kiara says. 'Sure, sounds like fun' Pope replies. Everyone agrees.

After a while we see a group forming in the living room. 'Guys, I think they're playing never have I ever already, let's join them.' John B says. We all walk over to the group and we join the game. We all look at each other when we see Topper, Rafe, and some of their friends walking towards the group. 'Hey guys, we're participating.' Topper says while he sits down next to Sarah. He is choosing to sit next to Sarah, not next to his friends. I look at Sarah and she looks at me with a annoyed look on her face. After they broke up, Sarah doesn't want any contact with Topper. But it's hard to avoid him since Topper doesn't want to let her go. I stand up and I sit between Sarah and Topper. Problem solved. Sarah smiles, 'thank you' she whispers. 'Of course' I whisper back.

'Topper, never have I ever.. gone skinny dipping.' Someone says. Topper thinks for a second 'I have actually, with a friend of mine. I would certainly do it again' He smirks and looks around, seemingly pleased with himself. I side-eye Sarah.

'Felix, never have I ever.. stood someone up on a date' Topper says as he glances at Sarah. 'I have never done that.' Felix responds. 'That's great, you know who did stand someone up? Sar-' Before he could finish his sentence, I punch him in the stomach with my elbow. Topper groans in pain. Topper got stood up by Sarah, but it was for a valid reason. When he asked Sarah to go on a date with him, she just broke up with him a week ago. She said no to him but he still showed up, and now he acts shady towards Sarah.

'What the fuck! What was that for?' He yells as he looks at me. I act shocked, 'Oh my gosh! It was an accident.' I say sarcastically. 'You're lucky you're a girl.' He says. 'You know what, I'm out of here. I'm going home. This party is stupid anyway.' He stands up and leaves.

'No one even invited you.' Sarah shouts at him.

JJ raises his beer in excitement as he cheers. Everyone begins to laugh and some of them cheer with JJ, except for Topper's friends. Topper his friends all stand up and walk away, following Topper. Even Rafe walks away, but he's probably going to his room. 'The fun can begin!' Kiara cheers with JJ.

A few minutes later I started to get cold. 'Do you have a jacket I could borrow?' I ask Sarah. 'Yeah, of course, it's in my room lying on my bed.' She says. I nod in response and I walk out of the room. I walk upstairs and I go straight to Sarah's room, however, I stop in my tracks as soon as I hear my name. 'Valerie?' I turn around to see Rafe. 'Hmm? What's up?' I ask. 'I need to talk to you.' He demands. 'You're already talking to me.' I say. He clenches his jaw and suddenly grabs my wrist, dragging me into his room. He lets go of my wrist and he shuts the door harshly.

'I know about your little secret' I give him a confused look. 'What secret?' I ask him. 'Don't play dumb now. You know exactly what I'm talking about.' He says with a slight smirk. I start to get a little nervous. 'No, I'm serious, what are you talking about Rafe?'

He slowly walks towards me, and I start to walk backward until my back hits the wall. 'Do you remember the conversation between you and Sarah two days ago?' He says while hovering over me. 'Sarah and I have lots of conversations, give me more details.' I reply. I know what he's talking about, I know which secret. And it's a secret he isn't supposed to know. 'It was about your parents, does that ring a bell?' He stated. I freeze. Sarah promised not to tell anyone.

'How- how do you know about that?' I tremble. 'Oh, so you do know? How funny.' He chuckles. I frown, 'Rafe answer me, how do you know?' I start to get pissed. 'I overheard you guys talking in Sarah's room. It's so interesting what happened to you when you moved to Atlanta. You don't want that to happen again don't you?' Rafe's smirk reappears. I sigh. 'No, I don't.'

'You know, I could just tell everyone about your sad little story...' Rafe says. 'No, please don't tell them.' I beg. 'I won't tell them, but on one condition' He says. I looked at him with a bit of hope. 'And that condition is?'

'You will be my girlfriend for four months.'

aaa !! This is the first chapter, hope you liked it <3

My first language is not English so I'm sorry if I made any mistakes. Also please give some feedback on my writing, would appreciate it so I can improve my writing.

If you liked this please leave a vote behind!