[4]

Just you and me and me and you alone.

Strangers.

I always think about my future at 3-ams, but this time it's different. I am thinking about that stranger who mistakenly went in my dorm. Not to be creepy and all, but he smelled so good and he was perfectly dressed. Ang pogi pa niya. It's weird how I've never seen such good looking people in my life ever since being in the airport. I don't get easily attracted to people, but I can't help it right now.

That stranger has a freaking girlfriend though. I shouldn't be thinking about him because that's just absurd as he is taken. Sana all merong jowa. I mean, seriously though, I bet his girlfriend looks out of this world because he seems like a heartthrob and a sweet heart. Who gives gives doughnuts out of nowhere? Caring and loving boyfriends with magandang girfriends, diba? Shucks.

I always believed I am unbeautiful . Beauty standards are just so hype nowadays that being morena equates to being not as pretty as the white girls. Or even if you are white, you are not pretty, sadyang maputi lang talaga ka. People here in the Philippines are so judgmental that the best parts of someone can be perceived as flaws. I've read so many books with Filipino theories as to why we are so toxic in some parts. We tend to blame everyone for our incompetence, even during the Spanish colonization.

It's true, but I believe we still stand out. We are hospitable and persevering in our dreams. We are hardworking. Bayanihan.

We have colonial mentality, the insecurity of being Filipino should be banned. No one should be ashamed of being a Filipino. Even if other countries perceive us as slaves or maids, helpers. What are they without us? Who shall take care of their kids when they have no time for them? Many Filipinos abroad have noble jobs that provide well for their family. OFWs contribute the most to our country's GDP. They are unmovable without us.

That's why I chose to study here in the Philippines. I had scholarships outside the country, United Kingdom, Singapore and California, in fact. However, I want to show the world that my success rooted from Filipino education with our curriculum.