18. Deceived

A few days passed since Naessa Tyrell entered in the Red Keep, and as promised, Queen Alicent took her under her guidance and named Naessa her new lady in waiting

A few days passed since Naessa Tyrell entered in the Red Keep, and as promised, Queen Alicent took her under her guidance and named Naessa her new lady in waiting. The action only made Daemon and Visenya more careful and curious about the new girl and the Queen's plans.

The young Princess sighed tiredly as she felt her head spinning. She wasn't able to focus on anything lately as she recalled all her problems. First, she and Baelon still didn't make up and it was eating her from inside out, and now, the mystery that was surrounding Naessa's sudden appearance at the Red Keep was making her worry but also careful about the Queen's intentions.

She closed her book and decided to call it a day as she stood up and left the library. Her studies could wait for another day as she felt as if she was suffocating inside that dark, barely lighted room. She sighed as she rubbed her temples and, without looking she bumped into someone.

"Your Grace?" A feminine voice was heard and Visenya looked up to be greeted with Naessa looking at her. Speaking of the devil.

"Lady Naessa." Visenya acknowledged as she stood up straight, still rubbing the side of her head.

Naessa bowed in respect and then she noticed the expression on Visenya's face. "Your Grace, forgive me for asking, but are you alright?" She asked concerned.

The Princess sighed. "I'm fine. Just a small headache." Visenya explained with a small smile as she was about to take her leave.

"I have some tea that could ease the pain." Neassa informed and Visenya eyed her. She still didn't know the girl well enough to trust her completely. What if she was going to poison her? She wouldn't even be surprised if the Queen would have ordered so.

"It's fine, Lady Naessa. You don't have to bother." Visenya tried to dismiss her.

"It's not a bother." Naessa informed quickly trying to stop the Princess. "I am just trying to help you, Your Grace." She continued. "Please allow it. I can promise you that the Tyrell family have the best sort of teas that the Realm has ever seen." Naessa informed with a soft smile.

Visenya was about to refuse again, but seeing so many people around, she knew that people would think that the war between Rhaenyra and Alicent was already going down between their children and their people too. If that was to happen, and Otto was to hear about the Princess's resistance towards the new comer, he would suspect something and Visenya would probably blew her cover.

She smiled and linked her arm with Naessa. "You don't say. Then it's a must for you to offer me a cup." Visenya said with enthusiasm. The brunette smiled as she noticed the attitude of the Princess and they headed towards the girl's chambers.

Who knew, maybe Visenya could try and find something about the Queen. They entered and Visenya was surprised to see the well decorated room that was in front of her. But she reminded herself that Naessa was one of the Queen's people, and whoever was the Queen's dog was very well taken care of.