3. Relative

Ever since she was little, Rhaenyra Targaryen wanted a younger sister

Ever since she was little, Rhaenyra Targaryen wanted a younger sister. The feeling to be needed and to be able to protect somebody who could form a strong bond with her was always tugging at her heart. She lost that chance when her mother died in childbirth. She was well-aware that she already has an half-sister who she could try and bond, but she knew better than anyone that Alicent will be too resentful and uncomfortable to let her precious daughter near the Princess. It was a miracle that Baelon, Alicent's favorite son and child, was spending his time with Visenya.

Visenya. Rhaenyra would have never thought that she will have the name she prepared for her sister given to her daughter. Visenya was truly a miracle too. A result of her mother's young desires and restlessness. Even though the child represented her mistakes, Rhaenyra never despised Visenya. In fact, seeing how much happiness she was bringing in the castle, the Princess couldn't stop but love her more and more with each passing day.

"And then Onyx nudged me and started to lick my face." The little girl explained, the wide smile always present on her face. Visenya just had her training at the dragon pit with her dragon, Onyx, the other day. She was a small dragon, her egg hatched in Visenya's crib, growing up along with her rider. The dragon's scales were the deepest black anyone has ever seen, pointing out her deep green eyes.

"Seems like your bond is starting to get stronger." Rhaenyra said as she was braiding her daughter's hair. Right after Visenya got back from training, Rhaenyra gave orders to the maids to prepare her daughter and bring her to her chambers. After the child arrived in her mother's room she was put in front of the vanity and Rhaenyra started to braid her hair. 

"I can't wait for us to fly high in the sky." Visenya said in a dreamy way. Rhaenyra smiled at her daughter's thoughts. She was a dreamer, just like Viserys, seeing and hoping for the best things and peaceful outcomes. The princess hoped for her child to always stay like this. Innocent. Unstained by the world's cruelty. But Rhaenyra knew better than anyone how the world works, and how it can affect the heart of a dreaming child. 

"One day you will. Until then you should practice your Valyrian so you could give her clear commands." Rhaenyra suggested. Visenya nodded, agreeing with her mother while swinging her legs on the chair. Finishing the braid Rhaenyra leaned down, putting her cheek next to her daughter's and looked in the mirror at them. "You are all done." Rhaenyra said smiling.

Visenya smiled and kissed her mother's cheek and then put hers next to it. The little girl's eyes then landed on something shiny on the vanity. She then leaned towards the table and grabbed the item. "It's so beautiful mommy." She exclaimed. Rhaenyra got closer to her daughter, curious and confused at what her daughter looked at. Once Visenya showed the item Rhaenyra's eyes widened in shock.

 Once Visenya showed the item Rhaenyra's eyes widened in shock