It was when the credits were rolling that people began to notice the sleeping girl.

"Uh, Arthur?" Chris asked, a deep husk to his voice noticeable that wasn't usually there. The boy hummed, slowly turning his head against the legs he was resting against with raised brows. "She's asleep."

"Who? Evelyn?" He asked, suddenly sitting up to look over the blanket that rested across her knees.

"Yes, you dumbass," Chris mumbled with furrowed brows, shaking his head at the man. Florence lightly laughed, immediately covering her mouth to keep from waking the girl.

"Shit, what do we do?" Arthur hissed, keeping his eyes trained on the blonde for a second longer before looking between the others. Shannon stifled a yawn. "Do I wake her?"

"No, are you kidding?" Darcy said as she stood up with a stretch. Everyone was speaking in whispers. "She's clearly tired. She can stay the night, it's no big deal."

"But what if she has work or something? What if she has plans?" Arthur asked quickly.

"Dude, chill," Chris laughed as he stood up too, Shannon following behind him. He patted him on the back as he passed. "If you're that worried stay in here with her."

Arthur only blinked, his mind running laps.

"We're gonna head off, thanks for tonight! Say hello to Evelyn in the morning for us, please," Shannon waved as her and Chris exited the room, Chris playfully blowing Arthur a kiss before laughing as he walked out of the room towards the front door. Arthur rolled his eyes.

When he turned around to look at the other two girls, the only girls being awake, he was met by wiggling eyebrows and wide smirks. Immediately, his face dropped. "No."

"Oh, yes," Darcy laughed. "I think someone-"

"No," Arthur said as he stood up, walking over to the shelf and grabbing a spare blanket out of the basket resting against it.

"Whatever you say," Flo said as her and Darcy began to leave the room. "Sweet dreams, lover boy."

"Ew," Arthur quietly laughed as they passed him, the man sending a grimace their way before walking over to the other couch in the room. He turned the tv off, leaving the kitchen light on to provide a small amount of light just incase. As he settled down on the sofa opposite the sleeping girl, he turned on his side, cheek pressed against the pillow, and just stared. It was only for a minute or two, but in the dull light, with her eyes closed and mind at peace, Arthur admired her like he hadn't before. No one was watching, so he stared, before he too fell into a deep sleep with a smile.

Only ten minutes later when Florence walked out of her room to get a drink of water, she peered into the lounge room just to check that everything was alright. She smiled to herself at the sight of Evelyn and Arthur peacefully sleeping on couches opposite each other. They had no idea.

That next morning, Evelyn woke up to the faint sound of a voice. A voice, but wasn't she alone? In her own bed, in her own home. No. She'd never made it home.

"Emery!" She heard a few metres from wherever she was, and before she could even open her eyes, she let out a surprised groan as something jumped onto her side.

She opened her eyes, finding herself to be staring up at Arthur. He had his phone in one hand, his other holding a steaming mug of something as he glared at whatever had jumped on the girl, standing a few feet away from the couch she was currently occupying. Quickly, she looked to the side, only to find Florence's dog hovering above her face, paws pressing into the blanket shielding her body from the fresh, morning air.

"Sorry, he's not well-trained," Arthur apologised tiredly. Evelyn noticed how unusually deep his voice was, it straining his vocal cords as he rubbed his eyes out of exhaustion with the hand holding his phone. Clearly, he wasn't the biggest fan of early mornings.

"Don't worry about it," she whispered as she reached up and smoothed her hand against the dog's fur. The animal nuzzled up to her palm, urging a light giggle from the girl. "I'm sorry for falling asleep, by the way. I didn't-"

"Lynn, you're fine," Arthur laughed as he quickly looked behind him before sitting down on the coffee table. "Here, I made you tea."

Immediately, she reached out for the mug, leaning on her side to gratefully grab it from his hands. She'd only blushed over the nickname for a few seconds - which was a new record. "Oh my god, thank you. You're amazing," she gushed as she peered into the mug, admiring the smooth liquid for a moment before taking a sip. She closed her eyes, humming in satisfaction. "Has anyone ever told you that you make the best tea?"

"Possibly," he laughed.

The morning continued on at the same, steady pace.

✿.。.:* ☆:**:. .:**:.☆*.:。.✿

arthurtv updated their instagram story

✿.。.:* ☆:**:. .:**:.☆*.:。.✿