"Oh really?" Dallas raises a challenging eyebrow, "Who was there to verify?"

"My chief was at the hospital to assign me officially to Lexa's case and has my report, his and Lexa's statement." Mick replies calmly, "You can call my chief if needed." As Dallas falls silent, she pick up the phone and calls in to the police station. Asking immediately to speak with the chief, chief answers right away.

"Hello sir, sorry to interrupt," Dallas starts.

"You have one of my officers with you." Chief guesses with a chuckle as Dallas puts the call on speaker.

"Yes I do, I believe."

"Is her name, Michaela Stone?"

"Yes."

"She's headstrong and incredibly brave for being quick on her feet."

"I see that." Dallas agrees writing a few things down in her notebook.

"What can I help with, Ms.,"

"Dallas Evans." Dallas introduces, "Was Ms. Stone on flight 828 with Lexa Clarksan?"

"Yes, she was."

"Was Ms. Stone on the scene to help Lexa against her guardian?"

"She and her brother Ben Stone, were the first on the scene, and Michaela rescued two other girls with Lexa, yes."

"If you were in my shoes, would you allow Lexa to go into Ms. Stone's care?"

"She's one of the best and is already caring deeply for Lexa, so my answer would be yes. I will happily help you personally Ms. Evans to pull the background check and help you to move the case forward if need to be."

"Just the background check will do, chief."

"Perfect, I will fax it to you right now." Giving her fax number, Dallas hears the machine start up as they disconnect the call.

***

Walking out of the agency, Mick is beaming. Thanks to the chief and Mick's background check coming back clear, Dallas is giving Lexa and Mick a trial run for a week before finding out about becoming a foster mom for Lexa. There are stages in becoming a foster parent, but she is on her way and Mick is beyond excited.

Pulling out her phone at the bus stop, Mick decided to take it earlier over taking Ben's car, Mick pulls open the text messages to find that Ben sent her attachments. Opening the first one, it's a photo of Cal and Lexa making a puzzle. The second is a photo of Olive and Lexa playing a card game. The third is Ben and Lexa colouring together. Opening the fourth and final photo is Lexa laughing and smiling with all of them including Grace.

By the time Mick's bus arrives, Mick immediately climbs on and shows her bus pass before sitting down at the front right seat. As the bus heads it's way to the next stop, Mick keeps listening for the hospital's street while holding the envelope close full of her trial's paperwork.

Arriving to the hospital around a half hour later, Mick gets off and walks along the sidewalk to the entrance. Walking into the hospital, Mick takes the elevator to Lexa's floor and passes the paperwork to the head nurse, just like Dallas told her.

"Come into my office." The nurse states before he and Mick head there. Taking their seats once the door is closed, the man reads through the paperwork that is already filled out from Dallas and Mick, "So, Miss Clarksan's new home instead of the orphanage, will be with you, Ms. Stone?" The head nurse asks to double check.

"Yes it will be for the trial this week, then it will be up to Mrs. Evans." Mick reveals.

"Okay, that's good. I hope this will work out for both of you."

"I hope so as well." Mick smiles, "How is Lexa's care going so far?"

"Well, she's doing good. I'm trying to get her to drink some fluids, but she's refusing."

"Is there anything I can do?"

"Talk to her?"

"Of course." Mick agrees, "Follow me inside with the fluids." As the nurse nods, he stands up and leads the way to get the water pitcher. Once it's filled and he has the cup and straw for Lexa, he follows Mick inside Lexa's room when ready, "Knock, knock." Mick greets smiling after knocking on the door.

Meeting Lexa's happy smile, Mick immediately kisses Lexa's forehead like she did earlier that morning.

"Are you thirsty at all, Lex?" Mick wonders curiously as the man sets the pitcher and cup on the table. Waiting for him to leave, Mick catches Lexa's frightened look, "What's wrong? Did he hurt you?"

Lexa shakes her head sadly.

"He yelled at her for not drinking." Olive answers on Lexa's behalf, "He is a jerk."

"I already reported him." Ben states sadly, "We are waiting for him to be removed from Lexa's care."

"Here." Lexa passes the empty bottle of apple juice from that morning to Mick.

"You drank it all?" Mick asks impressed as she accepts it, "That's my little angel."

"Took all day so far." Lexa agrees nervously.

"That's it my angel, you are doing very good. Keep drinking something okay? Just little sips."

"Okay." Lexa agrees once more before asking for some water. Pouring a small amount, Mick opens the straw before passing the half-filled glass of water to the little angel before her. Mick can't help but feel proud and impressed by Lexa's strength.