That would only stir feelings.

"It might be hard but I'll be there for support I promise" Damon assured and the girl nodded.

"I should get ready then" the girl cleared her throat and picked up the cat after she was done with her food.

"It's in like three hours please don't take forever to get ready" Damon warned just as she walked out the kitchen to head back into her room.

He was afraid of the girl actually attending the memorial. He knew it could break her and be the one thing she needed to push her to turn it off or the thing that made her shut it off again.

It was a dangerous guessing game but he was willing to do anything. He was starting to get a glimpse of his daughter being back and he wasn't going to give it up again.

═════ °• ♔ •° ═════

Aurora took her time to get ready. It was like her therapy. She put so much effort into herself she had found comfort in doing so.

There was no one else in the world she could put in effort the way she did to herself. She wasted half of her day taking care and loving herself because if she did it to someone else the universe would get back at her.

The second she started to second guess about the memorial she immediately started to get ready. That's what she always did. She pretended things were something they weren't. It was better than taking everything so seriously.

If she wasn't paying attention to something else she would start to overthink how she killed all those people. Her emotions would begin to act up and that's what scared her.

"Why are you dressing up?" Rebekah caused Aurora to pause her music and turn towards her.

"I'm sorry if I woke you but I couldn't sleep and then I got told I had to attend a memorial for people I killed so..." Aurora just shrugged to apply her lipstick.

"Bold choice of an outfit for a memorial but I like it" Rebekah complimented leaning on the counter. "Thank you for yesterday. I never realized how much I needed it until now..."

"The day out or last night?" Aurora teased, causing Rebekah to chuckle. "Either way I am always down to do it again"

Rebekah took a moment to think as beautiful as Aurora was; she knew who she belonged with. "I wouldn't do it to my brother"

Aurora turned to her again not understanding what she was implying.

"After the time spent with you I could see why Elijah would care about you..."

"He doesn't..." Aurora scoffed as she moved some things on her makeup bag.

"You said you went to him to help you I'm guessing because he gave you that comfort and trust he doesn't do that to just anyone. I know my brothers really well Rory, we've been together for a long time trust me he cares" Rebekah assured watching how aurora was lost in her thoughts.

Aurora didn't know why what Rebekah said got to her. She had never felt that way in a while it wasn't a good feeling for her. To her it just brought fear.

"Would you want to come to the memorial?" Aurora changed the topic quickly before it invaded her mind.

"I think I'll pass but have a nice time..." the blonde smiled and got up to head back into the room.

Aurora was already done getting ready as soon as she put her red bottom stilettos on to match her red dress she headed downstairs where Damon was already waiting for her.