𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟏

Start from the beginning

Letting Nik ago, I watched as he hurled over, clutching his neck and panting for air. That should do it. I walked out of the locker room, ignoring the stares and murmurs from Junior Varsity players as they probably wondered what just happened, and made my way into the busy hallways.

—————

"You've got your nose piercing in again, I see." Maikel inspected the stud, reaching to touch the small diamond before I slapped his hand away, pushing his head.

"Why the fuck are you touching it?"

He ignored my question. "Why have you got it in?"

"Because I like it." Because Carmen likes it.

"Right.." He looked confused. "You're confusing." Maikel checked his phone before letting out an over-exaggerated sigh and groaning.

I chuckled, nudging his shoulder. "What's up with you, princess?" 'Princess' was a name I had come up with second week of freshman year for Maikel, considering how fucking much the guy complains. And I had to be on the receiving end of it. To cut it short, he had the attitude of a princess.

"Carmen's forcing me to drive Nila to her next meet, because neither of them can fucking drive. I mean, what does she think I am? A fucking chauffeur? And, for Nila no less." Maikel whined, rubbing a hand over his mouth. "I mean just thinking about spending all that time with Nila in a car is getting me agitated."

I raised a brow, not falling for this little act of his. "Agitated because you can't stand her, or because you can't fuck her?"

Maikel snapped his head to me and his mouth hung open. "What the fuck makes you say that? I'd rather get eaten alive by zombies than take my beautiful dick near her. The gremlin."

"You're getting pretty worked up over a girl you 'claim' to hate."

"Trust me when I say, I can't stand Nila. Never have and never will. Don't get me wrong, she's not completely horrifying to look at when I'm not in the right headspace, but she ruins it all when she opens her annoying fucking mouth." He sighed, shaking his head.

I snorted, laughing at the irony. "That's what I said about Carmen once, too. Now look at me."

"Yeah, you're whipped for her. That will never be me. But, it's understandable. My family's genes are amazing."

"The gene obviously skipped you."

Maikel went to hit me but we got stopped when a couple guys from the football team asked us about some frat party next week. "Nah man, got the fair. Doing a stall on football for charity."

Ryan replied. "Ah, that sucks. D, you down?"

"Yeah, I'm down."

We bid our goodbyes and Maikel and I continued walking down, ignoring the calls from numerous girls. "You're not going to the fair?"

"Why the fuck would I go?" I countered.

Maikel sing-songed, walking in front of me and turning around. "Carmen's going."

I halted in my tracks, staring at him. "On second thought, maybe I will. Who knows, you might need an extra hand with the stall."

"Who are you and what have you done with the old Damian?"

"I'm still the same, idiot."

"No, you're not. Now, you're like in love with my sister, which I still haven't gotten over by the way. I mean, how did I not notice, how? The more I think about it, the more I realize how blatantly obvious you were being. Only a fool would not fucking notice. But, I am not a fool." He clarified.