Chapter Four

Chapter Four

Approx. Five Months (21 Weeks)

Andrew

"I feel like I wanna puke. I don't know if I'm ready for this," I mumble, the anxiety manifested from a small butterfly in my stomach to a creature that was clawing its way to my chest.

"Your parents are going to be happy for you," Delilah reassures me and hugs me. Rubbing my back in small circles to calm me down.

"I really doubt that."

Today's the day. Delilah has been nice enough to help me with planning the announcement. It's a simple chicken penne alfredo dinner with delicious garlic bread and caesar salad, which honestly sounds heavenly with all of my cravings. It's kinda like a two parter announcement. Delilah was already incredibly kind just agreeing to this plan, but then she also baked a cake that has a white buttercream frosting with pastel green and yellow flowers, the inside will either be pink or blue to reveal my baby's gender. She made a beautiful cake and it actually almost made me tear up at how much she cares about me even if I'm the family fuck up.

I'm nervous to hear what my parents are going to say. I already have two dads, so at least the whole 'coming out' conversation won't be an issue and is already out of the way. My relationship has been kind of strained though ever since I dropped out of high school and ran off to Los Angeles without warning and only a note explaining to not waste time looking for me. I know my dads want me to do better than just being a porn star and they had hope for me when I introduced Jean to my family. I still haven't told them we split either... Lot's of catching up we're gonna have to do unless Ariana has kept them sorta up to date.

"Stress isn't good for the baby," She says gently, letting me go and patting my back.

"I know, but I'm going to be a single parent. I'm going to fuck this up somehow..." I'm looking down at my feet, wringing my hands, "I'm not ready."

Delilah takes my hand. I look back up to see her small reassuring smile and her kind warm honey eyes, "Yeah, but that's just part of learning how to be a parent. We're not perfect either, you know. Here's the best piece of advice I've been given, just give your baby unconditional love and try your best. You can't go wrong with that. Trust me, when you hold your baby for the first time... there's just an overwhelming feeling of love you feel," She eyes tear up slightly as she's thinking back to her experience.

I smile faintly feeling slightly hopeful, "Thank you, I guess-"

The doorbell rings, interrupting me and all brain function instantly goes 'Out of Order'.

"GRAMPA AND POP POP ARE HERE!" The twins screech excitedly as they run into the kitchen to hug Delilah.

Delilah looks adoringly down at Chloe and Ellie as they're cheering. They dance around in a circle around their mom as they chant. My parents love to spoil their grandkids.

"I'm gonna go hide upstairs and mentally prepare some more. I feel sick," I say and rush up to their guest room. As I close the door behind me and lock it, I hear another round of my nieces screeching with joy.

I wish that was me.

I take a deep breath and sit on the edge of my bed. I can feel my anxiety shoot through the roof and I hate it. I grew out of the anxiety I had and became a strong confident person, but now I just feel as fragile as glass... weak.

I unlock my phone to distract myself, looking at my timeline seeing how everyone else is living their life. As I'm scrolling, I see old high school classmates posting about proposals, weddings, vacations, graduations, etc. All the good things happening in their lives.